• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tips to improve and do well in 2 unit advanced maths? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,
I've started year 12 now and I really need to improve in my two unit maths course. I think it's my worst subject but I don't want to drop it because I find it useful and I need a subject different to my other subjects. (the rest are all humanities subjects). The problem I'm having is ranking. Because I get ranked with the 3 unit people this creates a problem because they are so good at maths and basically their averages are in the 80s whereas my class has been in the 50s and 60s, this pushes us all down.

I need some tips on how to improve. My marks this year have really fluctuated. The first exam I got 94 % but that exam was so easy. Then the next exam went down to like 55 %, then 79% and now yearlies 61%.
I try REALLY hard, for the second and third exam especially I studied weeks in advance while the extension kids only studied like days or a week before and I got very average or below average marks. Usually when I study I do practice papers, study the content and practice questions. But the test always has tricky hard questions.

If you get really good marks in maths, how do you study?

I'm doing series and sequences at the moment and I'm trying to study regularly. I really don't want to drop to general and I don't think I can because I've missed a whole year and I dislike their course. Also it won't necessarily help as I'd have to catch up a lot and do extra work. I was in 5.3 in year 9 to 10.

siggy

HSC
Are you doing all your set homework + a little bit more? That is probably what the 3U Unit students are doing.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
My Marks this year:

40 / 41

70 / 70

49 / 49

66 / 69

All you have to do is make sure that you understand the theory really well and do plenty of past papers from your school and other schools (which you can conveniently find on this website)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)