• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To drop Chemistry or Business? (1 Viewer)

Measananon

HSC
N/A
So here goes the life story... To drop Chemistry of Business next year??
Currently I am in the Third Term of Year 11, with the following subjects;

English
English Ext
Mathematics
Business
Chemistry
Economics
Legal

I am frankly quite worried about whether or not I should drop Chemistry. Primarily, I am worried that I am justifying myself, as indolence is a quality to my personality :/ Anyway, I am worried Chemistry will be too much of a drag, too boring, too uninteresting for me to follow - I've always enjoyed the 'English' subjects more. BUT I am equally worried that Business scales soo poorly that pursuing chemistry (with a great effort) will attain the best ATAR possible for me.

So, I always dream of what Life would be like without Chemsitry, but I worry of the negative effects - not only the judgement that I will recieve from others as I do no Science subjects, which are the 'intelligent' subjects (No course of offence), but also for the fear that I could have done better keeping the subject!

As for which subject I enjoy more, business most definitely - only because it is simple (here lies my fear of self-justification).
As for result-wise, I can succeed in either with the right effort (2nd in both classes, although Chemistry is a fluke I must say)
As for comprehension, I understand business easily (Who doesn't!? ), but struggle with the Chemistry know.

Anyway, sorry for my long spool,
Any feedback regarding my situation or not is much appreciated.

photastic

HSC
If you find Business Studies easier and more enjoyable than Chemistry than I recommend you drop Chemistry.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
If you enjoy Preliminary Business, HSC Business will be more fun. Doing really well in Business Studies and finding it more enjoyable will leave you with a better output.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I am frankly quite worried about whether or not I should drop Chemistry. Primarily, I am worried that I am justifying myself, as indolence is a quality to my personality :/ Anyway, I am worried Chemistry will be too much of a drag, too boring, too uninteresting for me to follow - I've always enjoyed the 'English' subjects more. BUT I am equally worried that Business scales soo poorly that pursuing chemistry (with a great effort) will attain the best ATAR possible for me.
I often find people describe a subject boring when what they mean or would not admit is it is beyond them. Maybe you find Chemistry hard. Maybe you are made for the Humanities, rather than the sciences. Nothing wrong with that; some people are just not cut out for science.

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I often find people describe a subject boring when what they mean or would not admit is it is beyond them. Maybe you find Chemistry hard. Maybe you are made for the Humanities, rather than the sciences. Nothing wrong with that; some people are just not cut out for science.
Yeah, people find subjects boring because they are just not interested in it, and it can just be fuelled by two big reasons; they can't be bothered to care anymore because the subject is too hard and they have given up OR the context is actually not challenging enough for the student.

I hear a lot of people get bored of Preliminary Business Studies, and it is, its a humanity which is all learning content and spewing it back out without really needing to understand it. But HSC Business Studies is really refreshing and much better structured than Preliminary, but still the same vomiting of information. So that's why I said, before, its good that you find Business Studies great in its dullest moment, so keep Business and drop Chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)