• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Too hard to balance both 3U maths and 3U English in Year 11? (1 Viewer)

Jack123$

HSC
My teachers have said that it will be very difficult to balance both Adv + Ext Maths, and Adv + Ext English, especially because I’m the only one in my school doing Ext English, meaning that I’m the only one doing both extensions.
Will these subjects be too demanding and take up too much time that I won’t be able to study hard for my other subjects?
Btw, my other subjects are: Studies of Religion 1, Health and Movement Science, Physics and Italian Continuers.

yourlocaliga

HSC
N/A
i did it and i think its fine, i struggled in term 1 bc i did 14 units (with both extensions) but when i dropped a subject it was fine, i think as long as you balance your time right it's okay

iloveeggs

HSC
yes you will be ok if you manage your time well. you can see the subjects im doing in my signature and ive been doing alr

the one thing i would suggest is to be aware of what your workload will be like in y11, ask currently y11 students doing the courses you'll do in your own school (bc the amount of work you get sometimes varies from teacher to teacher so its not always the same in every school).

also another thing i will say is that i personally found that with the subjects im doing its very difficult to manage 12 units. since you do have 13 be mindful that you will get a lot of work and stuff. if you have pretty heavy extracurricular committments (like you frequently have smth to do after school, you'll get tired afterwards and can't study etc.) just know that it will be harder to cope

but if i were to guess id say it might not be as difficult for you? a lot of my workload comes from doing 2 sciences and accelerating maths adv and you dont have that

like i said ask y11/12 students (not teachers bc sometimes they give really discouraging advice and sometimes they dont realise how much work they assign to you objectively) about what your workload will look like. if they say youll get a bunch of work and you know you can't cope you could consider dropping a few units (not necessarily 3u) bc it will make it easier for you to cope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)