• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Torts exam Query (1 Viewer)

LucyT-08

HSC
N/A
Hi

I am about to do my torts exam and was wondering if someone on here can help clear things up for me. I feel pretty good about the area of trespass but am still confused about negligence and its tests etc. I know we use the CLA now but is that the only test we use or is there cases that show other tests. I understand Perre v Apand is for economic loss but are there other important ones I have missed. Or do you just stick with the CLA for all areas like causation, duty of care, breach etc. My lecture notes are making me more confused so I thought I would see what people think. I was trying to make up some notes that have the elements etc.

Thanks for the help!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not sure about your exam structure, but when I did Torts in 2006 we were tested on both the common law and CLA but in the question they specified which they wanted us to use. I.e. 'Advise x of his rights at common law', maybe you could post your questions on your uni's WEBCT/Blackboard page or email your academic. Keep in mind the CLA did not change everything and in the areas where it didn't change anything, I believe the common law stands, but check this because Torts was 1st Sem 2006 for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)