• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Toyota Celica (1 Viewer)

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
I am interested in getting one in 2 years and by that time money should not be an issue whatsoever....or so I thought. I have seen some 2000 models go up to as much as $25k for manual and have come to the conclusion that I should try for something else. Any recommendations for an affordable car that would also be a head-turner?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I've been saliiating over the mid 90s BMW 3 series (E34's-E36s). 6 or 7k could very well get you a decent one from a private seller. Mostly auto though, I dont suspect anybody whos driven a manual rear wheel drive BMW would ever want to part with it...

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
buy an S2000
in 2 years time they will be cheap as chips, an they fuckn hammer for a 2L

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
RX-3 with bridge port and practically zero exhaust. It'll look like shit but people will be turning their heads (and bleeding from their ears) a kilometer away.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
bowman said:
buy an S2000
in 2 years time they will be cheap as chips, an they fuckn hammer for a 2L
I doubt they'll be less than 25K in 2 years, unless it's one of the oldest ones and in shit condition.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I wouldn't call any of the modern Celica’s headturners. Get a Ta22 or Ra22.

If you want a cheap sporty car, mx5 or mr2. If you just want the look with mediocre performance, mx6 or ford probe. Otherwise you could look at hot hatches and shiz.

Early 300zx's are starting to get well cheap, but they're such a hoons car you'd need to be very careful not to buy something that shouldn't be on the road.

I don't get what you're talking about anyway, on carsales.com.au there are 2000 model celica's in NSW starting from $13'500, and they should be readily available for <$10'000 in 2 years time.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
rx8? or mb even 350z in 2 years time...

im getting my 00+ celica after hsc

Timelord09

HSC
350z is very attractive and powerful
rx8 is sporty and very cool with its suicide doors but not as powerufl in a straightline
s2000 is awesome as its sexy and convertable

supra is a twin turbo and has one of the best engine around THe 2jz-gte

very good to add parts to and get performance, a range of interior and exterior mods are also available to custumoize it to your preference. Has a non turbo version which is also powerful. my personal favourite

skyline r34's are also getting cheaper

F2001

HSC
screw supras, you buy the drivetrain from them to put in BETTER car/chassis combos.

RX8 for a ain't for any non hands on/weak knowledge/low enthusiasm individual.

boris

Banned
HSC
dont do it, get a peugeot 206 gti instead

Jake22

HSC
I'm working my way up through the Celica range lol. I just recently sold my 1974 TA22 Celica which was a pretty sad day. If you want a head turner, a TA22, TA23, RA23, RA28 etc is exactly that. You just dont seem them on the road very often and i had mine for about a year, i got stares all the time, even the lady at the servo would talk to me for ages about it while i tried to slowly back away lol.
Obviously the downside is it is old, so finding a decent one to start with can be difficult and they dont come with factory air con...
So i'm assuming thats too old for you as you are interested in the 2000 models, with a bit more comfort, power, and fuel injection lol (like me, hence the sale).

Have you had a look at the 94 - 99 models? I just bought a 96 ZR the other day, you can get them for around 8-10k, but dont bother with an SX, go for a ZR as it is the upper model with cruise, elec sunroof, mags, cd player etc etc. They shit all over the 91-93 models which just look plain gay.
I'm really not a fan for cars all riced up with body kits but side skirts on these celicas actually look good and not lame.
Of course being Toyota you get a shitty colour range, IMO white and black look best.

In 2 years a '00 model will be 11 years old u would get one for cheaper than 25k for sure.

Celicas were designed without caring for your backseat passengers, hence its a 4 seater with little to no leg room in the back, along with poor head room for certain models. But to be in the front its awesome, very comfortable with the side bolsters and low.

In conclusion, buy a Torana.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Timelord09 said:
350z is very attractive and powerful
rx8 is sporty and very cool with its suicide doors but not as powerufl in a straightline
s2000 is awesome as its sexy and convertable
A Maserati is way better than those cars if we're going to make rediculous suggestions that are way beyond the stated budget.

Timelord09

HSC
Graney said:
A Maserati is way better than those cars if we're going to make rediculous suggestions that are way beyond the stated budget.
he said money should not be an issue

in a few years those cars will be under 25k some of the crappier maintained ones already are for the s2k and rx8

boris

Banned
HSC
Timelord09 said:
he said money should not be an issue

in a few years those cars will be under 25k some of the crappier maintained ones already are for the s2k and rx8
also all 3 are fairly gay pieces of shit

Jake22

HSC
but didnt you read his reasoning? the "s2000 is awesome as its sexy and convertable"

I dont' know about you, but thats the number 1 thing that i look for in a car in order to call it 'awesome'....

P.S. that was sarcasm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)