• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Trials HSC exam study (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok, by now, we've all seen at least one past hsc or trial and know what to expect? so i ask you all, how do u study for it? ive got trial on monday and yeah, im plannin on basically readin over excel, anything else u do or can recommend?>

chamelia

HSC
How bout going on the Board of Studies site and doing the prac multiple choice questions? They time you and tell you the right answer to anything you get wrong.

dawso

HSC
yeah, im pretty sure these are all past hsc questions arent they? in which case ive done em about 50 times and remember the answer without even reading the options, more looking towards ways 2 prepare for questions 11 and 12/13/14

fakingtheday

HSC
Know some innovations, make sure you have a firm definition of all of the terminology because it could throw you if you see something like *define innovation*. But otherwise you need an innovation or two, an example of an emerging technology and don't forget the almight life cycle analysis, have that in your head. G'luck dawso and everyone else

dawso

HSC
lol dani, it aint that bad, d+t would have to be the easiest exam 2 wing, all u gotta do is look/sound like u know wat ur talkin about

niteshade1312

HSC
thats true, but you dont want to be a waffler. In class a few days ago we were reading the apparentlly good answers, and there was this one person that waffled and it was shame because they has good points. I think the only way of practising is knowing key terms, lots and lots of differnt innovations and have a clear understanding of Innovations

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
also critically evaluate diffrent products in enviromental, social/commercial and personal areas. thats were the big marks comes from.

dawso

HSC
ok, ive got this question from 2002 hsc paper, its question 12 a) and says :

describe 2 ways in which developers of such new innovation can protect their rights to the idea or process

in the markers comments it says barely anyone got 2 ways, the obvious one is by taking out a patent/copyright

can anyone think of a good second answer? (including a 'description')

dawso

HSC
ok, ive got this question from 2002 hsc paper, its question 12 a) and says :

describe 2 ways in which developers of such new innovation can protect their rights to the idea or process

in the markers comments it says barely anyone got 2 ways, the obvious one is by taking out a patent/copyright

can anyone think of a good second answer? (including a 'description')

fakingtheday

HSC
Well there is the patent whereby the developer utilises the low to hold a legislative authoritah over the idea or process.

THe next of course is somethinhg whacky and silly. If i got in this situation, as a i am now, i would just spin this one. The developer can design decoy innovations or be secretive and take personal measures such as passwords and safes so as to personally protect their ideas and processes.

dawso

HSC
yeah, its all good, didnt come up in my trial 2day so its all good, ill refer bak 2 this thread on 19th october (night b4 hsc exam :D)

cheers peoples

good luck in ur trials and gettin MDP in on time.....

dawso

niteshade1312

HSC
my trial was surprisingly hard. the mutliple choice questions put me off at the beginning and so i came back to them at the end, and continued with the short answers. Then again, my teacher did say that she wasn't going to be making it very easy :S:S:S

dawso

HSC
so ur teacher actually made urs? anyone that gets 2 do the independent skools paper PM me 2 discuss it, dont post anything up here but cause the security period isnt yet over...

dawso

HSC
wait, and i have already done it, did it last monday, was fairly easy i thought...

niteshade1312

HSC
yeah my teacher wrote it. She adapts old papers sometimes, but this paper I had never seen in my entire life and although it didnt really havea lot to do with innovations (but she told us it wouldnt), it still wasn't a stroll in the park!

chamelia

HSC
Yeh Im doing the independent trial next week...but no matter how easy people say dnt theory is i always get so confused by mutliple choice..its kinda always 50/50 and both seem right to me..i usually chose the wrong one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)