• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Truth in 'Animal Farm' (1 Viewer)

lilkev161

HSC
Watsup everybody!! i need help!! For one of my truth related texts i have chosen Animal Farm the book by George Orwell and theres a movie on it 2 but i fail 2 see how truth is manipulated or how there is truth in this text...can any1 help me???Cheers

Affinity

HSC
All students are equal, but some are more equal than others.

It's more of a political satire, surely you can find something

Last edited:

tezza6189

professional time waster
HSC
What's your core text? I did Animal Farm as my additional text for Ted Hughes:Birthday Letters.

There are two layers of truth embedded into Animal Farm. The first layer is the one idea about the manipulation of truth within the text itself. E.g. Manipulatoin/corruption of language when the Squealer uses propaganda to manipulate the truth.

The second layer is the fact that Orwell himself is a composer and thus makes his statement about truth - Orwell employs the techniques of satire to create or construct his vision of ‘truth’ with the message that those in power manipulates and exploits the credulous populace. Think of some techniques that you can use to support this.

hope that helped! Good luck

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Animal Farm is a fantastic book to look at the manipulation of truth. If I remember when I studied it, Orwell is showing how the utopian ideal of communism is correupted and manipulated as words and truth are twisted.

Look at the slogans that are first written on the barn. Then look at how they are changed - ever so subtly.

Hope that helps.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
alcalder said:
Animal Farm is a fantastic book to look at the manipulation of truth. If I remember when I studied it, Orwell is showing how the utopian ideal of communism is correupted and manipulated as words and truth are twisted.

Look at the slogans that are first written on the barn. Then look at how they are changed - ever so subtly.

Hope that helps.
You must have studied it in your HSC a long time ago.

*miranda*

HSC
I loved Animal Farm - we did it for critical studies in yr 11, i think i was 1 of the few in the class who loved it - maybe you could look at 1984 for the truth as well, I haven't finished reading it yet but i think you could link it to manipulation in the media (correct me if i'm wrong) with how Winston has to go and change past newspapers and stuff if Big Brother said something that didn't happen. Yeah that doesn't sound as intellectual as i'd like but i'm tired anyway maybe other people will have some suggestions

pipolaaa

HSC
The power of deception links to Animal Farm – which is a satire on political power and deception. The pigs deceive the animals saying they are all equal, when in reality “Some animals are more equal than others”:)

Optophobia

HSC
Apparently I have this book to thank for the title of "pig"

If someone shouts "PIG" at me.. I guess i will have to say "oh, you've read the book, have you?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)