• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Trying to get into Woolworths/coles/Aldi/supermarkets as my first job. help? (1 Viewer)

Harry5518

HSC
hello. i graduated school in 2011, and ever since then i have been looking for work. i spent most of 2012 getting all these different qualifications like an WHS card, Forklift Licence, Cert 3 Transport and Logistics, etc. I was aiming to get into the warehousing industry but its extremely slow to get into so im gonna have to try something else.
As the title suggests, i want to get into woolies or the other supermarkets as a first time job.

i have never worked before, and the only experience ive had is in a warehouse for 2 weeks as part of my cert 3. I have gone for over 100 jobs now, and ive been rejected from every one. kinda kills your confidence. also i live in the central coast/wyong area, and its a higher than usual youth unemployment rate up here than in sydney or newcastle. One thing ive noticed with the woolworths staff is that they seem to know each other personally to a degree, seems a bit corrupt to just hire friends then people who are actually qualified for the job. My ideal work would be being a shelf stacking job. I could do that until im old.

HSC
N/A
I think right now, those stores have already hired their chrismas employees, and maybe there will be a better chance during Feburary(dont know the exact time maybe someone can confirm on this)

From your qualifications I'd say thats more than enough for a job at woolies at my area[epping/strathfield], a lot of the time i think they look for avaliability as in full time, and i reckon experience in stock replenishing would help.

Kittikhun

HSC
Move to SW Sydney. If you do a quick search on seek.com, you'll find that there are a lot of jobs available for you with your qualifications as there are a lot of factories in that region.

If you can't, join the ADF, and work in logistics. Just in case you're a bit worried about getting into combat, you'll never fire your rifle in combat as someone working in logistics in the ADF. Never.

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/logisticsHospitalityAndSupport/

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/navy/logisticsHospitalityAndSupport/

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/airforce/logisticsHospitalityAndSupport/

All the best.

Harry5518

HSC
bump. any more suggestions anyone? ive found the advertisted jobs to be for people who are tradespeople and officer/manager roles. there is no entry level jobs. all i require is some small full time entry level job. thats it.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Have a look on gumtree in the jobs section in your local area as well as the careers section in whatever local courier you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)