• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI even if u don't go to uni. (1 Viewer)

bscared

HSC
I was just curious but what happens when you get your UAI score at the end of your HSC and you don't go to University straight after. Like waiting 2 or 3 years before going to Uni? Do you keep your UAI score? Is your score still valid to get into Uni later?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i think that you can still go to uni, but the cut off's for uni courses will be different... not too clear on this though.

ur UAI is valid for 10 years i think. dunno why u would need it for 10 years...

HSC
shinji said:
ur UAI is valid for 10 years i think. dunno why u would need it for 10 years...
People who don't get into their wanted course at uni because of their shitty UAI may want to go to TAFE first so they receive their diplomas/advanced diplomas to get an advanced standing at universities.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
bscared said:
I was just curious but what happens when you get your UAI score at the end of your HSC and you don't go to University straight after. Like waiting 2 or 3 years before going to Uni? Do you keep your UAI score? Is your score still valid to get into Uni later?
If you were to offset uni for one year, you can apply and then defer your study until 12 monthes later. If you got into the course you originally wanted the year before you started uni, youd be guarenteed a place regardless of whether the UAI shifted after the next HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)