• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI for BStudies (1 Viewer)

orly?

HSC
is it possible i CAN get a good uai out of this subject?
regarding that i get a good mark for other subjects that is... (high 80's low 90's?)
i think i might fail in maths so ..... yea.

Beege

HSC
business studies scales alright because there is so much stuff you need to know in this course and plus you gotta be good at report and essay writing.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Beege said:
business studies scales alright because there is so much stuff you need to know in this course and plus you gotta be good at report and essay writing.
actually business studies doesn't scale that well.

but business studies can get you a good uai.
with an average mark of 88 (was disappointed), i got a uai of 90.45

so its still possible.
and another thing, scaling doesn't mean crap if u do good or bad at it.

eg: physics scales good. but if u do bad at it, that won't do anything to save you (unless it was a hard test) ,,, same with 3u maths.

while subjects like business studies or something, actually scales down (if my memory serves me well),, but this doesn't matter if u get a good mark with it.

its all relative.,, things in the hsc are.

cl3nta

HSC
if you want to avoid scaling, then get 1st in internal and 100 or as close as you can in external. That way you won't be touched in scaling but still are capped at something like 99/100 for business. So yes you can get a 100UAI with business studies. I'm hoping for a 98/99:D

kokodamonkey

HSC
you should be able to easily. Business Studies is easy, you dont have to think, all you gotta do is memorise lists... its not like economics where you have to think about it.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
It's definitely possible. Just study really hard and try to get an internal rank of atleast 5th or above. I got a UAI above 90 and I did business studies.

noobsgetowned

HSC
Im Doing business Studies and I think i can get 90ish in it.

although Im Struggling at 2u maths =\ zzzz

I just hope and hope and hope i get a UAI of above 80 if not 90 ^.^

IM putting the effort and time and i just hope I acheive it.

sweet-g

HSC
Hmm.. Business Studies is really easy if you apply yout time and knowledge to the textbook. It has alot to remember, especially "Influences affecting this and that" But once u memorised or have a key knowledge of the textbook, you wont go wrong. I did Business Studies and it was one of my fav subjects.. or maybe it was just the kick arse teacher. But hey, i did Business and i got a band 6 (96), and got a UAI >90. So yes it is possible to get a good UAI even if u do business studies. This can also be said for other subjects in which are "down" scalers. Just apply yourself and youll see.
Good Lucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)