• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI up or down this year? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, this will probably sound really stupid and i really have no idea what im doing, but you know how in SAM, how the UAI from 2001 was higher than the UAI last year, given the same marks, by quite a margain. This year do you think the uai will be 'harsher' than in 2003? or more like 2001? i know i sound like a real dumbass but i hope you know what i mean,lol

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
there are lots of threads on this which cover this question in the hsc results forum and the hsc discussion forum

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
but i dont know why though. btw i am nice..........*cries*. you just know that if you got say 90 in business studies, it would possibly get better uai contributor marks to go towards your aggregate this year rather than last year cause more people achieved 90 last year. to find out whether this is the case or not you shud check

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2004_12.htm

things like legal studies, geography, modern history and quite a few others had less people getting in band 6 than last year so good marks in these would be very advantageous cause they are seen as harder to get- or you have a higher percentile so are ranked better in the state for the subject

specialjenny

HSC
After reading that list...I feel really dumb...there are SO many people better than me!! *cries*

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
oh dont worry about it it doesnt mean all that much really. its only the uai and as long as you have achieved what you have set out to you shouldnt care. uai or hsc doesnt mean youre going to be successful or not. acadmeics is a small area and you can be very successfu lin careers other ways too.

specialjenny

HSC
Thanks lukebennett, very sweet of you to be saying encouraging words like those....it really helps me to feel better about the whole situtation. So thankyou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)