• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UMAT Preperation for 2008 (1 Viewer)

l337ben

HSC
hey everyone , i was actually interested in the comments of what people thought about those UMAT preperation tutoring . the ones that cost like $600 , i am really enthusiastic about entering into medicine and was wondering if anyone would wanna get a 2008 umat prep group going ? i know most of my friends wanna do mechanica engineering thats why i cant get them to come but if anyone wants to do a group session itll be excellen ,,primarily due to the fact that it will cost a third of the price.. :D:jedi: :jedi:

.................................... i just wanna know how and whats the best way to prepare for UMAT , and how i can sign up for those tutition programs ......

Last edited by a moderator:

Zephyrio

HSC
Me!

Prior to today I had always wanted to do medicine. But my love for it increased by about 100 times when my biology teacher brought stesthescopes out and I got to listen to my heartbeat! <3 /lifestory.

So... um, how are we going to get the group going?

l337ben

HSC
heh , not too sure yet man , i think we need about 3 , im in sydney anyways , where you? // cause we gotta find out about the different organisations and prices..... ill try go to sydney uni this week and ask about em or something

Black Hawker

HSC
l337ben said:
heh , not too sure yet man , i think we need about 3 , im in sydney anyways , where you? // cause we gotta find out about the different organisations and prices..... ill try go to sydney uni this week and ask about em or something
Umm, I think I got some info from my year advisor about it, but can't seem to find it...

And if you are wondering, medicine is one of my option, but not that high...

l337ben

HSC
hey u go to penrith????

i go to st doms in penrith .....

what school in penrith do u go to???????????

l337ben

HSC
coolies

If anyone can be of some assistance into the quires of the different ways of preperation and different organsiations that do those programs and the dates next year in which we enroll for umat , thatd be excellent . cheers

Black Hawker

HSC
From another forum that I'm on.

Section 1 Logic
Be prepared to dump a lot of the lousy presumptions and faulty argumentative processes taught to you at school. This is the real deal, the real way a scientific/proper philosophical mind should work. A good way to do this is to go through the UMAT sample paper, you should be able to find it somewhere on the ACER website.

Additionally, explore the US's LSAT questions. Granted these are for law entrance, but the questions are on logic and for the larger picture fit the Section 1 model perfectly

Section 2 Emotional Intelligence
Be touchy-feely and caring. Hug people. Understand their feelings. Know what it's like to be angry, sad, happy...and know the meanings of their derivatives. There's a difference between dejection and misery, dejection is the feeling one gets out of being low in spirits, misery is a condition of mental anguish due to a stressful situation.

Be a Jedi. Sense the people as they cry out from the paper.

Section 3 Spatial Reasoning
Heh, practice.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=625810&p=1

This is probably one of the better links.

http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/section1Exam.jsp - trial UMAT questions.
http://www.premed.edu.au/umat/UMAT_steps_to_success.jsp - steps to success.

Last edited by a moderator:

porquoispas

HSC
that'd be kool.. i'm also sitting the Umat5 in 2008.. heard its quite difficult..

l337ben

HSC
k guys im coming up with some lists of the ppl who said yes and such also. can anyone say and tell me how to study for umat
"
??????

shazran

HSC
i heard the umat isnt that hard .. from my bio teacher ... its like a logic and emo intellegence test you cant really study for it but you can do the prac questions ...my techer said they also look at how you can make an opinon and back it up with facts and reasoning ..

jazzy boi

HSC
i wanna join.....im going to do it in 2008 and wouldnt mind to go wif a group...yea i heard its not dat hard..its da interviews dat are tougher since thery hav top physcologists interviewing u.!!!!!!

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Just do a couple UMAT prep books; you really can't study for the exam.
Practise the spatial (finding object) bit a lot, unless you're fine with it.
=D That's my favourite part!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Mods.

Anyone thinking of going for STAT next year?

shazran

HSC
whats the stat test good for? like is it as good as the umatt test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)