• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UMAT!!!! (1 Viewer)

frippyful

HSC
hey, im doing my umat this year, and i was wondering, if i get a high percentile in the umat, can i still get a slightly lower atar, like 97 - 98, and still get into medicine at a good uni? or does my atar still have to be like 99.95.
and does anyone know some techniques i could keep in mind for the umat. i am so scared.

qwerty44

HSC
I think that some uni's allow for a slightly lower ATAR with a high UMAT but not sure which ones.

Dylanamali

HSC
at unsw, you need both a great UMAT and a great ATAR, I'd aim for 90th+ percentile and 99 ATAR, as a general guideline. But it works like a scale, so the higher your UMAT the less your ATAR has to be and vice-versa.

at uws, ATAR is only a threshold, e.g. once you surpass the ATAR cut-off they don't use it to compare candidates anymore, this is 93.55 for GWS and 95.40 for non-GWS. UMAT is weighted differently at UWS with 1:1:0.5 for sections 1:2:3.
So you'll need a weighted mark of approx 140+.

at une, ATAR is similar to uws, 95 ish.. however for UMAT you must get minimum of 50,50,50 across all three sections and then they rank you via the section 1 mark.

those are your main undergrad unis in nsw.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
at unsw, you need both a great UMAT and a great ATAR, I'd aim for 90th+ percentile and 99 ATAR, as a general guideline. But it works like a scale, so the higher your UMAT the less your ATAR has to be and vice-versa.

at uws, ATAR is only a threshold, e.g. once you surpass the ATAR cut-off they don't use it to compare candidates anymore, this is 93.55 for GWS and 95.40 for non-GWS. UMAT is weighted differently at UWS with 1:1:0.5 for sections 1:2:3.
So you'll need a weighted mark of approx 140+.

at une, ATAR is similar to uws, 95 ish.. however for UMAT you must get minimum of 50,50,50 across all three sections and then they rank you via the section 1 mark.

those are your main undergrad unis in nsw.
Really? Has it changed in the past 2 years? Because for JMP, I remember, I've got an interview with section 2 much less than 50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)