• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Understanding climate change science (1 Viewer)

kylet

HSC
SBS Television – Climate change

"Insight" hosted by Jenny Brockie on SBS TV wants to talk to you about the science behind climate change.

We want to hear from people who have any doubts or are confused about any or all of the science dealing with climate change.

It’s your turn to ask the questions – what would you like to ask a climate change scientist?

We’d love to hear from you – email kylet@sbs.com.au by Wednesday 23rd June

For more information about INSIGHT, check out www.sbs.com.au/insight

Garygaz

HSC
the only one that's weird imo is half the scientists claiming the world is warming and others counter claiming oh no it's cooling

how the fuck do you debate that, it seems like it would be so easy to test.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
i know!!!

like one day 1000 climate scientists say the world is warming and then the next day some other scientist says no it's cooling

if scientists can't agree how can we possibly understand!!!

FlipX

HSC
Authoritative info on climate change science? A good place to start is the IPCC report of 2007. But let's face it - it's too long and we're busy people.

The synthesised version for policy makers? Eh...still too wordy...

I know! The super-graphic dummies' guide version from UNEP. It's much better than gleaming climate science info from second-hand opinion pieces on tabloid media portals.

You can thank me later.

FlipX

HSC
Ooh, ooh, before :shouting: starts, here's a proposal:

Post questions relating to climate change here - the science, the uncertainty, the policy options, the costs, etc, and we'll do our best to answer them.

Just leave the preconceptions at the door? :guitar: I'm genuinely curious as to what "real" people are unsure about, beyond the basic misunderstandings and conspiracy theories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)