• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni nerves? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
For everyone starting their first year, im nervous as fuck about goin 2 uni and the work load and u know, stepping outta the "protection" of high skool and not knowing ne one and shit. Ne 1 else have this problem? Im sure itll get beta, but for now its kinda nervewracking!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't worry. I was feeling like that this time last year. I can't believe how fast the year went! Anyway, don't worry about it. The workload isn't bad if you have time management, start working on your time management from day 1 at uni ... even though it might seem like a bludge. It will definately take a couple of weeks for you guys to settle into the new environment and it will take longer for you guys to get used to the marking standard that lecturers mark. But all in all, its a great experience.

candi_licious

shady_03 said:
For everyone starting their first year, im nervous as fuck about goin 2 uni and the work load and u know, stepping outta the "protection" of high skool and not knowing ne one and shit. Ne 1 else have this problem? Im sure itll get beta, but for now its kinda nervewracking!
haha dont worry shady!! i'm shiteing myself quite a lot as well... i sooo dont want to come across as the biggest dumbass (i have a habit of coming across very blonde when i get nervous...eekk... oh well i think we shall be fine... whos to judge at uni??

Jacks

HSC
it's normal to be nervous but don't be scared, everyone is going to be in the same position as you, I'm sure you will settle in quickly and find new friends and everything like that. Lecturers and tutors will be fairly accommodating as you get used to how things work, though I'm sure you'll be fine. Like cape, I was in your position this time last year, I had no idea what to expect and I didn't know how well I'd cope with the work and everything like that...I settled in pretty well and the transition wasn't as hard as I'd imagined it to be. Anyways good luck with it guys, just don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck at any time!

SweetSeasons

HSC
This week end, yeah i know half our team is out. and we are playing newie. oh wello i just hope none of our big guys get hurt.

mattyg87

HSC
yeah lol oh well we have mason out till round 8 i heard...dont ask me what this has to do with uni nerves, but nah im excited about uni, and ps..panthers are going down angie :)

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
Cape said:
it will take longer for you guys to get used to the marking standard that lecturers mark. .

what IS the standard like? i've heard so many people say how they thought they'd be fine cuz they kicked ass in highschool, and then at uni they were getting like... 60% average...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can put heaps of effort in and only just get a pass! Standards are different for different subjects, but on the unit outline you receive in the first week will go further into what the standards are. Mainly if you get an assignment question, take notice of all the words even words that seem insignificant. Also, the amount of references that you have to have in some assignments is ridiculous. You can not do an assignment overnight. You really have to think outside the square to get high marks in assignments. And reference properly as well :p ah ... the good old referencing, crap, i've forgotten how to reference, lol. But as long as you don't rush your assignments, use a variety of resources and answer the question within the word limit using a creative approach though you should be fine. You will get used to the standard :)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
awww I don't like putting effort in school work =P. To be honest, I dont' really know how I managed to get into uni..I'm such a lazy-minded person.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
yeah same, im not too nervous, just think of it as the 1rst day of high-skewl, but prbly betta! Everyone in ur class is gona be new anyway so everyone is in our circumstance....(EXCEPT 4 the tute regooo grrrrr....still unconfirmed lol) but yeah i dont think we should make a big deal about it, if we just follow the lecturers and stuff i hope all will be fine.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I was more nervous traveling to richmond instead. I didn't know which train station to get off at and i didn't know where to go, so i just decided to follow everyone, lol.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
oh yeah cape exactly what im nervous about! is there many students that travel there? Coz if i dont get my times and it's gonna be late like 5-6ish maybe ( its not too late but still therez probly delays n stuff ay?) so im a bit anxious coz i dnt like travelling at night....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
meh ... i'm always usually still at uni at like 5-6pm, thats when most of my classes finish. Don't worry, there will still be heaps of people catching the train. Sometimes there are delays (well thats an understatment), if you don't feel like sitting at east richmond, just hope on the train and sit on it while its at richmond. There will always be delays on the richmond line - its the worst line in Sydney.
During daylight saving time its fine, however, when it finishes and your traveling home at 5-6 ... its pitch black outside when your on the train cause theres no major suburbs.

Don't worry though, your pretty much safe on the train, theres nothing to really worry about. Many people start uni at 9am - so they are on the train that gets there just after 8am, then they just leave constantly through out the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)