• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

University Impact on Career Prospects (1 Viewer)

Newell

HSC
I plan to attend SCU. But, given this is a smaller regional university, I'm worried it may impact on my career prospects after finishing. I do plan perhaps to move to a larger city (from Lismore) on completion of my Law/Art course.

Do larger city universities present more meaningful opportunities than a place like SCU?

Last edited:

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Potentially, although it's usually only getting that first job where it really matters. Once you've got that first job though your laughing. After that, it's pretty much how well you performed in your first job and what kind of reference you can get. If your worried, maybe look at doing work experience or thinking about post graduate degrees to give yourself a better shot.

Bananaberry

HSC
No it wont impact on your career. Just do as well as you can, get some experience and you will do well. If in doubt, just transfer as you said.

rx34

HSC
I agree with what chefman said. But, if you want a top tier graduate law internship (your first job), it's best to transfer to a more recognised university like UWS, Mac, UTS. However, as you job-hop and work for several years, where you get your law degree from becomes less relevant as far as employment prospects are concerned. Rather it's job experiences and good job references.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)