• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Unsw Co-op (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Nope...whats there is what is offered for coop.

tempco

HSC
well, you could always do badly, and they'll kick you out. then you wouldn't have to pay them back. :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes. I don't remember the exact conditions. From memory its if you drop before IT you have to pay the money back, but I'm not sure - I don't plan on dropping :p

eeh...I'm quite sure when they kick you out, theres more reason for you to pay them back.

sunny

meh.
HSC
velox said:
Yeh im not sure, cos I dont want to commit myself to the degree especially since im not too sure what i want to do.
You shouldn't be doing coop unless you actually want to do the program.

tempco

HSC
sunny said:
eeh...I'm quite sure when they kick you out, theres more reason for you to pay them back.
well, according to one of my friends (who's a finance co-op), you don't. guess he might be wrong.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
But teh engneering is so hard, it's not my fault if I fail :( :drink:

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you look at the program contents, and its already turning you off - then thats a sure sign not to take coop on that program.

HSC
N/A
sunny?
is it hard getting inyo co-op, i heard that you had to do alot of extra curricular activities and stuff..

sunny

meh.
HSC
holla back girl said:
is it hard getting inyo co-op, i heard that you had to do alot of extra curricular activities and stuff..
Theres a very limited number of spots for a lot of candidates, so in that sense it is quite hard to get the first time. Co-op mostly doesn't just look at your UAI and marks, but they also look alot at how much of a "people person" you are - for some coop programs they might not accept you if you have very high marks but that is all you have. But its not like you "have" to - the odd extra circular activity, showing leadership skills (big plus), and being an outgoing and determined person helps too.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
holla back girl said:
sunny?
It depends on what you want to get into. BIT has gazillions of spaces

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
velox said:
If you get co-op and withdraw say after 1st yr due to you not liking the course, do u have to pay the scholarship back?
Yes you do, unfortunately. If you didn't, then everyone would just take the money and bugger off when it came time to do Industry Training (which is mostly work rather than training).

The rule on Co-op is that if you drop out before the next Industry Training period, you have to pay back all the money they have paid you since the end of the previous Industry Training period. For example, if you decide to leave after completitng the first industry training, you keep all the money you earnt up until the completion of that industry training, everything else you pay back.

If you drop out before yuou're first IT, you pay everything you have received back.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
nekkid said:
well, you could always do badly, and they'll kick you out. then you wouldn't have to pay them back. :D
Unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way. As a student, you are held responsible for your academic performance. If your program director kicks you out because you don't make the grade, you are also required to pay back all the money since your last Indstry Training period or everything if you're a first year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)