• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNSW undergraduate welcome day (1 Viewer)

lazyboi

HSC
Hi there, I was wondering what kinds of stuff you do at the welcome days during O-Week? The Egineering welcome day is on thursday and its from 10-2 so what do you do for 4 hours(+another hour for a campus tour)?

yemeni cricket

HSC
N/A
First day there is usually an exam that all first year students need to take. Nothing to worry about though, they just use it to determine which classes and tutes you can take. Don't fail though because they usually politely ask those students to go to UTS after first semester.

IamBread

HSC
First day there is usually an exam that all first year students need to take. Nothing to worry about though, they just use it to determine which classes and tutes you can take. Don't fail though because they usually politely ask those students to go to UTS after first semester.
There's an exam?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I don't know exactly for this year although it will be similar to:

10am convene in lecturer theater for welcome
10:30am welcome starts. This will be the first and probably last time you will ever see the dean of engineering.
Over the next hour or so the various eng facilities will show of something interesting each, i.e. solar car will get a mention for sure etc.
12pm - lunch, bbq where you can a sausage, bread, and a can of drink maybe (free)
1pm - 1 hr campus tour

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
I got drunk...use your imagination =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)