• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Urgent Question (1 Viewer)

_ShiFTy_

HSC
If i fail a subject in Preliminary, are there any consequences regarding the progression to YR12? Only think i've heard is that if ur gonna continue a subject in YR12, you have to pass prelim?

[Damo]

HSC
no, im certain there aren't. you don;t have to 'pass' prelim to continue that subject.
however, it is up to your school to decide whether they will let you continue with that subject. ALso, dont forget that you need the prelim. course knowledge as a foundation for year 12. so if you foundation is a fail, then it might be a good idea to reconsider, or catch up.

Scanorama

HSC
When you said you 'fail' a subject, do you mean you got a mark less than 50 or you have unsatisfactorily completed the subject? If you got a mark less than 50, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you have unsatisfactorily completed the subject, aka a N Award, then you cant do the subject in Year 12.

nwatts

HSC
Ah you have to complete the course to keep it going for Year 12. I know this because I recieved a warning that I wouldn't meet the requirements of my SDD course - I did no work and skipped an assessment task. The warning outlined that I would not pass prelim SDD and I would not pass the prelim course because I only did 12 units.

So yeah, make sure you pass if you've only got 12 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)