• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Use of the word 'racism' (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Should the words 'racism' and 'racist' be abolished from the English language, and should there be a law to restrict ANYONE from utterring the word EVER again? While we're at it, lets get rid of 'generalisation' too.

No I'm not serious.

But too many people hide behind this fucking word and im sick of it. I notice a lot of BOS hippies like to throw this word around as soon as someone speaks generally on another race.

Do you people think we are still in kindergarten or something, how egocentric are you? Get it through your fucking head WE KNOW NOT EVERY MEMBER OF A RACE IS STEREOTYPICAL.

One ACCURATE stereotype is the 'lebo' stereotype, and don't try to tell me its not; if you think it's not, go get out more you stupid 11th grader and 12th grader Advanced English (omg I'm learning about society LOL i know more than people who have learnt the same shit I'm learning already).

Yes I am angry.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Re: the word 'racism'

hiphophooray123 said:
should the words 'racism' and 'racist' be abolished from the english language, and should there be a law to restrict ANYONE from uterring the word EVER again? While were at it lets get rid of 'generalisation' too.

(no im not serious)

but too many people hide behind this fucking word and im sick of it. I notice alot of BOS hippies like to throw this word around as soon as someone speaks generally on another race.

do you people think we are still in kindergarten or something, how egocentric are you?

get it through your fucking head WE KNOW NOT EVERY MEMBER OF A RACE IS STEREOTYPICAL.

one ACCURATE stereotype is the 'lebo' stereotype, and don't try to tell me its not, if you think its not go get out more you stupid 11th grader and 12th grader advanced english (omg im learning about society LOL i know more than people who have learnt the same shit im learning already)

yes i am angry.

now i am going out to celebrate australia day bye bitches

discuss.
I guess I'm a BOS hippie.
You say that not every member of a race is stereotypical. Then you go on to talk about "lebos". They are, in fact, called "Lebanese". And I don't think they would appreciate what you have just said about their entire race.
Go and celebrate. Ignorance is bliss.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

TerrbleSpellor said:
It's only racist if the perpetrator is white.

yeah those retaliation attacks were just the 'lebos' fighting back against the opressive white devils that enslaved their favourite rappers ancestors years ago. [hippie] Go easy on the young boys[hippie]

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

Ellie_Belly said:
Is that your way of celebrating? Don't think you're superior because of your age.

no im waiting for my lift.

and yes, if you want to think im an ageist then by all means go ahead, and good luck in your HSC this year.

Ellie_Belly

HSC

hiphophooray123 said:
and yes, if you want to think im an ageist then by all means go ahead.
I don't need to be told what to think. But I'm glad you approve :)
Have fun tonight.
Australia Day, ironic, isn't it? I mean, an "Australian" can be from anywhere in the world. I wouldn't be taking a racist stance in this particular country. Just me, though. You do whatever you think is intelligent and morally right. :)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

im not telling you to think anything, im saying 'go ahead'

and no i don't think taking a 'racist' stance (or should i say seemingly racist stance) is morally right. But i dont give a fuck because i think morals suck.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC

i agree with hiphop. a lot of people are overly p.c, which only lessens your power of objective judgement on the world around you.

then there's the opposite extreme, which is worse. im not advocating racism, which i know exists. im just saying that the fear of being labelled "racist" shouldnt hinder your opinions.

X

xeuyrawp

Ellie_Belly said:
Australia Day, ironic, isn't it? I mean, an "Australian" can be from anywhere in the world.
I'm glad you so easily summarise our identity. The only problem is that we accept other people as they are, as if having any kind of cultural or legal assimilation would be unethical...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

but it does alleycat and it hinders the governments decisions to because of their electorial pragmatism. it sickens me that these damn hippies can just cry to get what they want.

Lundy

Banned
HSC

Eh, it bugs me when people try to safeguard their asses by prefacing a "racist" remark with "I'm not racist, but.."

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC

hiphophooray123 said:
but it does alleycat and it hinders the governments decisions to because of their electorial pragmatism. it sickens me that these damn hippies can just cry to get what they want.
oh i agree with you, i was more talking about the individual fear of offending minority groups that controls and changes the way we think and function as free thinking people, let alone the greater government and the nation.

Ellie_Belly

HSC

You guys need to do some very basic thinking. I.e: What would it be like if someone was racist to ME?

It's simple, so you'll probably understand it.

Good luck.

I'm going to get on with my life, graduating high school and such. And celebrating, with the knowledge that an Australian can be any colour, race, nationality, etc.

And you know what?

The less you let people (e.g a certain race) get to you, the more happy you will be.

I'm a damn hippie and I'm damn proud.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

racism is taking characteristics of a member of that race and generalising them to EVERY member of that race.

*refer to my first post* we are not dimwits, we know not every member is like that.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

'what would it be like if someone was racist to ME???'

but ellie belly we cant possibly think that way because we have no empathy and we are but mere 6th graders :(

in all seriousness, if someone told me to go back to my 'own country' i would laugh.

Comrade nathan

HSC

But the thing is, you people are racists. Where do you think your not racist somewhere between calling coloured people "apes" or calling for some mini genocide of 'ethnic' people?

in all seriousness, if someone told me to go back to my 'own country' i would laugh.
No your reply would be "Oh come on boss im just like you i hate the fucking nigers, come on boss give me a chance, ill shine your shoes boss". Because all im hearing from you, is you sucking up to the Anglo nationalists.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

hiphophooray123 said:
should the words 'racism' and 'racist' be abolished from the english language, and should there be a law to restrict ANYONE from uterring the word EVER again? While were at it lets get rid of 'generalisation' too.

(no im not serious)

but too many people hide behind this fucking word and im sick of it. I notice alot of BOS hippies like to throw this word around as soon as someone speaks generally on another race.

do you people think we are still in kindergarten or something, how egocentric are you?

get it through your fucking head WE KNOW NOT EVERY MEMBER OF A RACE IS STEREOTYPICAL.

one ACCURATE stereotype is the 'lebo' stereotype, and don't try to tell me its not, if you think its not go get out more you stupid 11th grader and 12th grader advanced english (omg im learning about society LOL i know more than people who have learnt the same shit im learning already)

yes i am angry.

now i am going out to celebrate australia day bye bitches

discuss.
lets not mention names, who the fucking hippies are who hide behind the word, but Fuck you Argonaut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)