• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Viva Voce (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
LOL calm down everybody!

Until Justin posts his guide to Viva Voce (or if he has already, I just haven't looked at the main EE2 forum yet) I would honestly just calm down.

To my recollection, your viva voce is just you talking for a few minutes on your major work. Your baby. You've been working on it for a while now, or at the very least, thought a lot of things through and I'm sure there's quite a bit you can talk on if you think about it. Try "practice-talking", if you must (I did!). Common questions they'll ask are things like "what are you doing" "why did you choose that" etc etc. You're going to be questioned on what YOU want to do - it's not like Advanced English where you have to memorise a whole lot of "stuff" and regurgitate it. Everything they ask is directed at you. There are no right or wrong answers - it's just you giving purely your opinion. How hard can that possibly be? They're just asking you to talk on what you're most passionate about! :D

So just take a deep breath, and go for it. :) Even if you're so worked up you burst into tears in the middle of it (which I've also done... heehee) it's all good!

*will add more to this post when she gets her head on a little straighter*

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
bright_angell said:
Anyone gone through this stage yet? if so, how'd u go! I was freakin out-!
nop.... i think mine's after the easter holidays...

by the way.. thanks 'glitterfairy' for the advice...

As i've mentioned in a previous post in some other thread... we kind of had a mini viva voce when we presented our proposal to the class... well actually it went on for like 10 minutes....

we werent even pre-informed that we would be asked questions by both teacher and audience... and trust me... i'm not good with answering questions on the spot... but as 'glitterfairy' said.. u've been working on ur work for some time now... and believe me.. the words just started drifting out of my mouth...

by the way 'bright_angell' u said that u were freakin out.... so i'd take it u've done ur's... "soo... how did u go"...?????

Abbeygale

HSC
There are practise questions for the Viva Voce in the resources section, aren't there?
Mine isn't for a while yet, but it doesn't look too bad. If you're worried, why don't you get the syllabus or a set of practice questions, and get another candidate to give you a dry run? It helps for me before assessments.

HSC
N/A
Teacher and audience?

When I did it, there was only an audience of the EE2 teachers within the school (ie 3), although as the EE2 assessments have little set in stone (statewide) specifics within schools will differ from place to place.

Justin's currently writing his guidelines, but in case you didn't know before, yes you will be asked questions. Mine was in the form of a 5 minute speech with "question" time after it that could go as long as 5 minutes.

HSC
N/A
Yes Justin, we're aware that you rock.

*writes comeback to crying note*

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Teacher and audience?

When I did it, there was only an audience of the EE2 teachers within the school (ie 3), although as the EE2 assessments have little set in stone (statewide) specifics within schools will differ from place to place.

Justin's currently writing his guidelines, but in case you didn't know before, yes you will be asked questions. Mine was in the form of a 5 minute speech with "question" time after it that could go as long as 5 minutes.
i was reffering to my proposal... we were made to present it to the class... instead of hand it in to the teacher like most schools do... and so the teacher gave the audience a chance to ask away...

but i would think that my viva voce would probably be done infront of the class... (i.e 6 students)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)