• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wat are the best options 4 yr 12? (1 Viewer)

prusso

HSC
multimedia is interesting and easy
automated is alrite, nice and easy no1 does it
tps every1 does it and is boring as hell
other 1 i dont no much about.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
yr 12 options

the other one is Decision support systems

I do DSS and Multimedia with my students - they tend to be the shorter expected answers in the HSC papers .. TSS tends to be the longest expected responses

DSS is on databases /spreadsheets, expert systems and cute stuff like fuzzy logic - how could anyone resist that

Scanorama

HSC
Our class is doing Multimedia and TPS. Multimedia is interesting and easy, we've already learnt some of the stuff in Year 9-11, some of them are just common sense. TPS is boring boring and boring, not very hard though.

Gemstone

Yeah I do the common two TPS and Multimedia.

TPS I didn't find terribly boring but my class is quiet small and our teacher had us design a website for our notes (which I guess held our interest) and we had a lot of discussions relating to where people worked and the TPS related stuff there and how it all works so I guess it was kindda practical. Plus TPS is really easy. You can almost guarantee there'll be a question on real-time and batch processing systems which is so easy so you get 2-3 marks straight away.

Multimedia is a really fun unit we did our major project on that which was heaps fun. Just make sure you do your notes on it too.

Gemma

televators

HSC
I did,

Multimedia = Easy, quick to cover as most is probably knowledge you already have (thats if you enjoy using technology/ computers)

TPS- Easy, but as people have said, unbelievably boring

I think i'd prefer to do the other two, just for the fact very low percentages of the candidature do it... none of the IPT course is overly challenging, and I think you would be at an advantage doing a unique subject/ option such as DSS or AMS

C

CaR

Ima doing multimedia and DSS...

both are pretty good option topics...I'm glad I didn't TPS. I took a glimpse out once and it looked really boring ><"

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
we haven't chosen our electives yet.. i'm unable to start the ipt hsc course myself..
*doh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)