• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

West Australian Opposition Leader Troy Buswell "I sniffed woman's chair" (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ONE of Australia's most senior Liberal Party MPs was in tears today and fighting for his job after admitting he sniffed the chair of a female staffer.

In a devastating bombshell, West Australian Opposition Leader Troy Buswell, a married man, broke down at a press conference and admitted performing the bizarre act.

Speaking to journalists at a press conference at Mandurah, south of Perth, Mr Buswell confirmed details of the woman's account of a 2005 incident, reported in The Sunday Times.

He said he was not standing down as Liberal leader.

The woman, who does not want to be named, said Mr Buswell started sniffing the chair she had been sitting on at his Parliament House office in December 2005.

The incident took place in front of other staff members.

She said he had done it to get a laugh.

"I was shocked and outraged and I told him," the woman told the paper.

"I was very concerned and expressed my displeasure loudly. and I believe that's where the matter should have ended."

At today's press conference, Mr Buswell said he had repeatedly refused to deny the allegations because he wanted to protect the woman involved.

But he broke down after he was asked about the effect of the reports on his wife and children.

Tears in his eyes, Mr Buswell said he needed a short break, turned his back and then asked his press secretary to bring him a glass of water.

Mr Buswell said his wife was aware of the allegations before they were published on Sunday.

He said it had been a difficult time for him "on a personal level".

"These are difficult issues for me to deal with and they are very difficult issues for my family to deal with," he said.

"It's hard dealing with these matters and having to face up to your responsibilities behaviourally, publicly, and it's harder to do it privately."

Mr Buswell has previously admitted to snapping a Labor staffer's bra as a drunken party trick and has been accused by retiring Liberal MP Katie Hodson-Thomas of making sexist remarks to her.

Deputy Liberal leader Kim Hames was today standing by Mr Buswell, describing him as a "rough diamond with a robust sense of humour".

Dr Hames said his leader needed to change his behaviour, but also acknowledged there was no one to replace him.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23617350-5001021,00.html
sniff sniff.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
do you have a contract with an exclusive contract w/ news.com.au to repost their articles here

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Let's add this guy to the list of growing political perverts!

Greens:

Ian Cohen - received a court ummons to appear on charges of assault occasioning bodily harm and common assault concerning his former partnet.

Labor:

Steven Chaytor, former member for Macquarie Fields - found guilty of assaulting his former partner. Later acquitted on appeal.

Paul Gibson, member for Blacktown - dumped from Iemma's proposed ministry when allegations surfaced of domestic violence against former partner.

Phil Koperberg, member for Blue Mountains - allegations concerning his former wife and stepdaughter were investigated.

Who's next for our list of political pervs?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
How the fuck can anyone take this seriously? He hasn't even broken the law. Imo he should be able to sniff as many chairs as he likes, it has nothing to do with his ability to do his job and hence is none of the electorate's business.
This is why talented, smart people don't want to go into politics.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
meh so what, sounds like he did it as a joke in front of heaps of people, not as if he is some perverted secret chair sniffer. Even if he was its not against the law

kokodamonkey

HSC
I hope he remains leader, i have already recruited 6 people to the Troy Buswell for premier of Western Australia cause on facebook.. IT would be such a waste if he was removed..

Muz4PM

HSC
You would be happy to know then that Buswell survived the leadership vote which was held on Monday.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Muz4PM said:
You would be happy to know then that Buswell survived the leadership vote which was held on Monday.

Isn't the current WA Premier also did something nasty like this like pulling a bra strap or nibbling it? :rofl:

Muz4PM

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Isn't the current WA Premier also did something nasty like this like pulling a bra strap or nibbling it? :rofl:
Yep, according to some he did exposed a senior ALP member's bra to colleagues at a karaoke function in 2004. However Carpenter has denied that allegation and said he was a victim of "scuttlebutt allegations."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)