• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are the chances of getting a UAI of 90? (1 Viewer)

lma0

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in Year 12 and I am currently studying these subjects for my HSC:

English (Standard)
General Mathematics
Chemistry
Biology
Society & Culture

I suck at Chemistry, I would probably only get like a 60 or 70, but if I tried really, really hard I could push it into a band 5. The problem is, I recieved a mark of 13/30 :S for a practical assessment task which I did alot of stupid mistakes in, but I recieved a mark of 82% in my first assessment task on batteries.

Now, my half yearly for Chemistry is tomorrow, and I'm probably going to fail!

I am good at all my other subjects, though what marks do I need in my other subjects to make - up for my low marks in Chemistry if I were to get a UAI of around 90?

Thanks so much for your help. =]

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
It depends on your marks in the other subjects. Truthfully, i'd say that theyd have to pretty high because their all relatively low scaling subjects apart from chemistry (which you said you are doing bad at). Thats not to say that it wont happen.

Id guess high band 5s to band 6's in all the other subjects, but thats just a guess. It also depends in how bad you do in chemistry, because it has to count, so the worse you do in chemistry, the better you will have to do in the rest.

You are better off using SAM to find out what kind of results you nee

leon4u

HSC
well, u shouldve kept 12 units then dropped chemistry if its such a bad subject for you.. now in your case since your doing 10 you have to try really hard in chemistry to get a decent mark with those subjects and your situation i think an 80-85 should be a realistic goal

kaos12345

HSC
Im not going to lie, its going to be extremely hard for you to get a 90+ uai with those subjects, but its definitely possible and if you work on your chemistry its going to increase your chances since it scales off the wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)