• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are you doing in order to get a 90+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

LonelyWolf

HSC
Greetings, just made this because i'm really unsure on how to go about improving my marks and i thought it'd be a good idea if everyone share what they do for each subject, in order to get a 90+ ATAR and good rankings.

Also, can anyone give me a good, specific outline of what i need to do with my subjects? Is it really just reading notes and hammering past exam papers?

Danke

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Make syllabus study notes for each topic (make sure you include detail, treat each question as a 10 marker if possible)
With your study notes, highlight key information and revise your study notes
closer to the exams, do past papers, and topic questions (helps to work on exam time management, helps you learn content and also how to answer hsc style questions)

thats what im planning on doing.

Hope this helps.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Depends on the general ability of the student really

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
You need to win standard english & general maths. I've seen people's ATARs being pulled down a lot a lot by these subjects.

Skriker

HSC
You need to win standard english & general maths. I've seen people's ATARs being pulled down a lot a lot by these subjects.
yeah, its because english counts even if its your worst subject and general maths is one of the poorer scaling subjects so you definitely have to do well in the two of them. :)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I made a study timetable off getrevising and I then use that and a calender to plan what i want to achieve within each subject for that day.
I have a cork board covered in notifications and another calender with assessment tasks, important dates etc.

LonelyWolf

HSC
I've got 10 weeks until trials, with holidays on weeks 6-8.

Finish notes for all subjects by week 4, including extra texts and case studies.

Create timetable to balance, upcoming assignments and assessments, to balance.

Form a study group for each subject.

Write creative belonging narrative for english by week 5.

Do past papers for chosen subjects twice a week until week 5.

Read notes constantly.

Do past papers every day 4 weeks before trials.

Is that about the right idea? Should my planning be far more extensive? Any tips for study groups?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If it works for you then go for it.

Study groups are effective but if there's too many people in it, then it fails imo.

lil_pembo

HSC
study groups are more effective post trials, as you are competing with these people for ranks, if you really need notes off people, make them, if you have really good notes though, don't share them until after trials, this is when you want everyone to be as good as you, before that, you want everyone to be crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)