• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what courses have UMAT prerequisite? (1 Viewer)

addoil

HSC
i checked UMAT site but can't find the answer..

i know it's mainly medicinal courses but is there an official list somewhere? or could anybody type them out here?

thanks!

Dylanamali

HSC
generally - Medicine, Optometry and Dentistry are the only courses.

However, even to this there are exceptions whereby a high ATAR may not require UMAT. e.g. Usyd 99.95 for med entry, 99.70 for Griffith for med, 99.20 for Latrobe Dent etc.

nazfiz

HSC
Generally all Undergraduate medical schools require UMAT. The only one that doesn't that I can think of right now is James Cook University in Townsville.

BL3H

HSC
Generally all Undergraduate medical schools require UMAT. The only one that doesn't that I can think of right now is James Cook University in Townsville.
University of Sydney.
Griffith University.
University of Queensland.

It's is a combined MBBS/Science or Arts or Medical Science or something with the other degree coming first though. So you enter as a post grad anyways

addoil

HSC
Thanks for replies, then what about psychology and psychiatry? Maybe not psychology since it's such a broad field I guess, but what about the latter?

Dylanamali

HSC
to become a psychiatrist you have to do an mbbs.. and then postgraduate studies in psychiatry.
so yes you do need umat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)