• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do you guys think of Bio? (1 Viewer)

Whats your opinion?

• I love it! Bio is my fav subject

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Yeah its not too bad, I enjoy most of it

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Not really my thing but its ok

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I HATE IT! Why the hell did I ever choose it?

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Just interested in what you guys all think of Bio...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah its not that bad... its getting more interesting now. all the topics in year 11 were extrememly boring.. learning bout plants and all.

but its good now!

though the downside is remembering all the bloody words 'homeostatis paleantology etc.'

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I'm wavering between the last two options.. It's not really my thing and sometimes I hate it.. but overall it's okay.. it's getting better if that's at all possible.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
ever thougth of dropping? i would hate to do something which i hate... if i hated bio i would drop it for sure.

but yeah. its not that bad really, it can get really boring at times and too much theory... love the pracs though!

all the cutting and stuff .. and who can forget the kidney prac?!

trinity

yeh bio is pretty good...and yeh definitely better than last yr! It's kind of the bludgy (if u could say that) science, ie. we're going to the "disease museum" for an excursion.....*fun* huh?

:rolleyes:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah we're going there too.. the museum of disease.. i think its at unsw...

when r u going?

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
yeah we're going there too.. the museum of disease.. i think its at unsw...

when r u going?
Theres a disease meuseum at unsw?? Now I dont feel so safe walking around there......:uhoh: hmmm sounds like fun tho:p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats where we're going. LOL nah i'm sure its alright to walk around. everything is in jars.. like a lung with cancer and stuff...

should be fun!

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by blah says she
I'm wavering between the last two options.. It's not really my thing and sometimes I hate it.. but overall it's okay.. it's getting better if that's at all possible.
I can't drop it as I'm already down to 10 units. It was a choice between Maths and Biology and I was doing better in Bio.

The kidney pracs were fun!

We're going to the Museum too, in May sometime. I think we're really behind with our Bio stuff though.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah im going at that time too! LOL
yeah we're behind in our course as well... hmm... still doing dna :(

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
We're only up to DNA too, I guess it's kind of comforting to hear someone else is.. but it's strange cos the other bio class at my school is heaps ahead, apparently. Do you have to wear school uniform on the excursion? Last thing I heard we do, which sucks :(

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
LOL dont worry about it (being behind). the last thing we did before we broke for the holly's was DNA, but the teacher told us that WE ARE behind schedule... but we still have 3or 4 weeks at the end of term 3 for revision.... she wanted at least 6 weeks for revision. but yeah.

so dont worry. we'll finish in time.

school uniform? i dont know about that. all the other bio excursions we had we wore mufti - but since its a uni, its most probable that we have to wear school uniform.. but not sure. i hope not.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
..but the whole point is that it's a uni and like (quoting people from class.. with some poetic licence added) "how can you impress the hot uni guys with your daggy school uniforms.. it's like totally not cool!"

;) :p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by blah says she
daggy school uniforms.. it's like totally not cool!"

;) :p
hey man.. but if girls were allowed to wear anything they wanted, im sure a small minority of people would rock up with nipple strings, boobs, mini skirts and bloody boots or ste-let-os or something. LOL

i dont mind skool uniform.. u look presentable... ur there to look at diseases, not guys! LOL

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
*remembers last school mufti day* yep yep good point!! I'd ask what your school uniform was like - do you go to a public or private school? But then we might be getting too off topic....

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i go to a private skool. you know, normal skirt thing with a blouse. white socks and shoes. yeah skirts are MEANT to be knee length... and most of em arent.. LOL :rolleyes:
what about ur skool?

(again i hijack the thread... :rolleyes: ):p

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
public school for ya! green skirts of varying length.. ie from the bottom of the bum to mid calf, white blouses, ties (which aren't, as far as I know part of uniform) and long socks (range from mid calf - knee length) which are currently trying to be brought in as an accepted part of the school uniform..

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
your uniform isnt bad! i thought ur uniform wasnt kool.... like those one peice skirt things with a zipper at that back!

LOL i feel sorry for the girls who have to wear that uniform... :p

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
yeah it's not as bad as some other uniforms (thankfully) and it's not a "unique" colour.. like pink, but I'd prefer to wear my comfy jeans! Oh well, there's bigger things to worry about hey, like the HSC?? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)