• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What happens to ur 2 unit mark when u do ext 2? (2 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
BOS doesn't care about your 2 unit mark if you do 4 unit maths.
It's not like they don't care...it's like they don't know your 2 unit mark...because you never get to do 2 unit maths if you do 4 unit, unless you are accelerated...

But even if you do 2 unit somehow and do 4 unit too, you will only get 3+4 unit counting towards your HSC.

leisl1990

HSC
lyounamu said:
It's not like they don't care...it's like they don't know your 2 unit mark...because you never get to do 2 unit maths if you do 4 unit, unless you are accelerated...

But even if you do 2 unit somehow and do 4 unit too, you will only get 3+4 unit counting towards your HSC.
no

if u do four unit. they will disregard your 2 units maths in ur course summary.
so ex 1 and ex2 will each account for 2 unit for ur hsc..
therefore technically u are not doing the 2 unit course
also u dont need to do 2u assessment and trials, if u r sure u wont drop extension 2.
but u still have to go to 2 unit class, coz those are assumed knownledge for 3 n 4 u.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
leisl1990 said:
no

if u do four unit. they will disregard your 2 units maths in ur course summary.
so ex 1 and ex2 will each account for 2 unit for ur hsc..
so technically u are not doing the 2 unit course, so u dont need to do 2u assessment and trials, if u r sure u wont drop extension 2.
but u still have to go to 2 unit class, coz those are assumed knownledge for 3 n 4 u.
I was referring the second comment on the case where you actually accelerate in 2 unit first and do 4 unit afterwards meaning that you actually get to do 2 unit paper - like me.

acevipa

HSC
If you do Ext 2, 2 unit doesn't matter. If I'm correct, I think they just assume that you automatically get 100. That's what my teacher said. Not sure about that one though.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
acevipa said:
If you do Ext 2, 2 unit doesn't matter. If I'm correct, I think they just assume that you automatically get 100. That's what my teacher said. Not sure about that one though.
They assume/expect you will get band 6, not 100. Either way there is no entry of 2 unit on the record of achievement unless you did accelerated 2 unit but even then it does not count.

Valupatitta

HSC
so it doesnt count??
cos i just did my 2 unit test today and i nearly failed i think. but i did good in my 3 unit test i got 91%. so that means i havee to excel in 4 unit??

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
no it doesn't it means that if u dont want ur 2unit mark to count u have to do 4unit
Exactly. Seriously if you are doing good in 3U and 4U - who gives a shit about your 2U mark. But in saying that - it's pretty weird if you can rip 3U and 4u and not be able to rip 2U.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
the-derivative said:
Exactly. Seriously if you are doing good in 3U and 4U - who gives a shit about your 2U mark. But in saying that - it's pretty weird if you can rip 3U and 4u and not be able to rip 2U.
I can't do series and sequences at all :(
I got 3/12 in my series and sequences section of the 2u prelim exam last year

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Series and Sequence is a HSC topic, not prelim. I did it a few weeks ago and got 2nd in the year with 85%. I was only 1 mark off the top and made a VERY STUPID error which lost me a mark! It was a difficult test as you can tell; too bad that I'm doing 4U and it wont count for anything, unless of course I drop.

Valupatitta

HSC
the-derivative said:
i dont know why too. maybe it was pressure. im a perfectionist :(

zorngov

HSC
if you do 3u you get a mark out of 100 for 2u and a mark out of 50 for 3u

but if you do 4u they give u a mark out of 100 for 3u and a mark out of 100 for 4u

im pretty sure thats how it works

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah, thats how the marks appeared on my report.

I was accelerated in 4 unit, and the coordinator made me do all the 2u assessments as well. It sucked. At one point I had 9 assessments in one week, cause I had prelim ones aswell.

I think they just don't think its fair for you to do 3 HSCs in 1 subject. If you look at 4u english, its only the major work and no HSC.
But yeah, 2 unit doesn't get mentioned on the record of achievement.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
What happens if you do 3 unit math, does that mean 2 unit math won't count towards your uai?. If thats true doesn't it mean that you need to do another 2 unit course, just because you don't need to do the 2 unit paper?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
honsaw said:
What happens if you do 3 unit math, does that mean 2 unit math won't count towards your uai?. If thats true doesn't it mean that you need to do another 2 unit course, just because you don't need to do the 2 unit paper?
If you do 3 units of Maths only, you must take all 2 unit and Extension 1 assessment tasks/exams.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
honsaw said:
If you do only 3unit, 2unit does count if it's one of your best 10 units.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
If 3U math counts as 2 unit then what about 4 unit doesn't that also count as 2 unit??

youngminii

Banned
HSC
honsaw said:
If 3U math counts as 2 unit then what about 4 unit doesn't that also count as 2 unit??
Pleeeeeeeeeeease, learn to read.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Say all your subjects count as 10 units but since if you do 4 unit math and you don't sit for the 2u math hsc exam, wouldn't that mean your doing like 8 units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)