• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what subject should i drop? (2 Viewers)

veronica6535

HSC
I have just started year 12, and currently have 14 units, and possibly 15 soon. I want to drop at least one subject maybe two..

Im doing.
Advanced English (mark 2/25 - around 80+%)
English Extension 1 (4/7 - 80%)
English Extension 2
General Maths (1/60 88-90%)
Biology (5/20 60%)
Legal Studies (2/15 80%)
Business Studies (1/19 88%)
Ancient History (3/18 about 80%)
May be picking up - History extension..

I enjoy ancient history, but my teacher is really boring, which makes me not want to come to class. I know the obvious is to drop Biology, however i think i may enjoy that more than ancient. And im considering dropping Legal Studies, because i have to try harder than any subject in it. Scaling wise, what would i benefit in dropping?
ahhh please help.

Timmay14

HSC
Drop General Maths

It is a waste of time, scales right down...

Your other subjects you will get better marks in if you do well in them

HSC
general maths is the lowest scaling subject but you're coming first so you probably shouldn't be dropping it.

just keep in mind if you're going to be doing hist. ext. you have to keep ancient so you probably shouldn't be thinking about dropping that.

in your position i would probably drop both legal and bio if you're going to do history extension, if you don't...i might still think about dropping at least bio. i know you like it and all but all your other subjects are so strong its not likely to count to your uai anyway.

in any case just go with what you like and good at. hope that helps.

veronica6535

HSC
Thank you sooo much guys! ah i think im going to drop biology which will leave me with 13, and later if legal or history extension gets too hard i'll drop it!
x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)