• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what's a finance ? (1 Viewer)

sum1fknhost

HSC
just finished year 12. got my results back and am setting my sights on a bachelor of economics degree at the university of Adelaide. Initially, i plan to work my way well (as in try and achieve decent results) and hopefully get into the honours course which is an extra year (initially without honours the course is 3 years). However, recently i have been contemplating doing a double degree with finance (probably international finance as it relates to economics more apparently).
Firstly, i have not much of a clue what finance consists of despite reading the study plan and looking at several superficial broshures. (this was not the case in economics as i had a small taste of it in year 12). So, would anyone kindly fill me in what finance is like for those who are currently doing or have done some sort of finance before (doesn't have to be adelaidians), how much maths and accounting is involved? the difficulty level? the course content? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, can anyone fill me in on the feasibility of doing a double degree with finance and keeping the GPA up in order to get into an honours economics course? as this is another area of concern with the added workload and all.

pm me or whatevs if u can lend any advice.

cheers in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)