• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's the environment for a book store? (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
The book store I'm looking at scans the isbn of all its books and uses the information from an online isbn catalogue to update its own database.

Would this be a part of its environment?

Also, How much should I include in environment? Would staff and guests be considered environment?

Any advice is appreciated.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
The Environment would be everything that interacts with the Datasystem. The IPT environment is not limited to certain areas but involves all 'areas' which use or interact with it.

fakermaker

HSC
The Environment would be everything that interacts with the Datasystem. The IPT environment is not limited to certain areas but involves all 'areas' which use or interact with it.
I'm still a little unsure.

Does the environment only include systems that are not a part of the organization?

Say shopping statistics are recorded and given to head management...would Management be a part of the environment?

Are the supplies of books and the buyers the environment?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
The environment includes anything that influences and is influenced by the system. It would help if you described what the system does and its purpose etc in a bit more detail?

Say shopping statistics are recorded and given to head management...would Management be a part of the environment?
Yep, they are affected by the system.

Are the supplies of books and the buyers the environment?
That depends - does the system affect them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)