• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Where can I find a really good Chem textbook? (1 Viewer)

ripit

HSC
Hi,

I am looking for a really good chem text book? Are suggestions???

Something with easy and clear explanations, examples and maybe even sample exam paper questions.

Thanks

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
The Chemistry Contexts textbooks are good, book 1 is prelim and book 2 is HSC. They're put out by Longman Sciences. They don't have sample exam papers, but they do have a lot of examples and questions you can work through.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Conquering Chemistry is rather useful, although it has a few difficult questions with no answers to them at the back. It has an exam-style revision test at the end of each module. If you want past papers, use Sucess One Chemistry.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
Trebla said:
Conquering Chemistry is rather useful, although it has a few difficult questions with no answers to them at the back. It has an exam-style revision test at the end of each module. If you want past papers, use Sucess One Chemistry.
we use conquering chemistry at school, it seems to be good, i learn better from it than the actual teacher

bEAbEA

HSC
i would recommed chem contexts 2 - it is very detailed and has lots of questions and a CD full of the answers. I also have conquering chem and excel, but those don't seem as good but i look at them occasionally.
Sucess One is great for practise papers because it has the worked solutions. Otherwise, i find the internet a great help, and my teacher of course!

richz

well, conquering chemistry is good for dot pts where u just regurgitate the text but for others, i would recommend chem contexts.

munkaii

HSC
Another thumbs up for chem contexts. Also Excel isnt too bad, nor is Macmillan.

HSC
if you want really hard questions, launch yourself for conquering chemistry, its very handy at that

i also use cambridge chemistry, i find it very straightforward, macquarie chemistry can be vague and i hate the questions on it, the questions on cambridge chemistry are also very good, using key words

mel4dan

I use Conquering Chemistry and the excel guide. they are both very helpful and i make my summaries from them. also i am planning to buy success one HSC chemistry for past papers.

HSC
watch out for hsc questions in your yearly year 11 and half yearly year 12 (for upcoming year 11s)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)