• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which subject should I drop? (1 Viewer)

unicornachos

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, I'm planning to drop a subject next year so I have more time to concentrate on subjects during the HSC, but I don't know which subject to drop. The prelim courses I'm doing now are:
-English Advanced
-Visual Arts
-Industrial Technology (Multimedia)
-Drama
-Society and Culture
-Japanese Continuers

English is obviously impossible to drop, haha. I'm tossing up between Society and Culture, Japanese Continuers and Multimedia.
I'm considering dropping S&C because I know I'll have to be putting a PIP together as well as doing major works for Multimedia, Art and Drama.
I'm considering dropping Japanese Continuers because even though I love the language I'm doing it by correspondence at the moment and I've found that correspondence is a very hard thing to do, just because I don't have that class environment and I don't really have anyone to talk with about it. It's also a very demanding and time-consuming course and I'm wondering if I'll have the time to constantly work at it. (I also have a bad memory, haha).
Lastly, I was maybe considering dropping Multimedia not because of it's content or anything but because the teacher I have for the subject is extremely disorganized and I'm worried it might jeopardize my overall ATAR mark.

My plan for the future is to get the best ATAR I can, apply for COFA (Uni of NSW's arts college) and to make up the remaining credits with Japanese studies.
If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be greatly appreciated :D
Also, sorry for the long post D:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
S+C major work - depends on how well you manage your time.
Japanese - depends on how well you can self-learn.
Multimedia - again, how well you can self-learn.

Based on what you gave, you seem to think Japanese is the worst of the three so drop that. If not, keep going with all your units and drop something during HSC year if you have to or you may find you can cope fine with all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)