• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writng interview for english tips...? (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Hey,
I've got to do an interview for standard english soon.... just wondering if anyone had any advice for writing an essay...its an inclass writing test...(assessment).... so please share your ideas or hints on writing an essay...I think my drafts are quite good just checkin if there is any ideas for writing an interview i've missed..

thanks

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
The interviewer should ask questions that make or force the interviewee to elaborate and discuss the text in question rather than result in a simple 'yes' or 'no' question.

Both interviewee and interviewer must have an acceptable knowledge of the analysis (and therefore techniques) involved and both think about it and could agree or disagree with each other and so on.

Wow, it's been a while since I done English.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hi

to introduce each idea/paragraph you could replace it with a question that the interviewer asks, then the interviewee could respond with the paragraph like the paragraphs of the essay. lol if that makes sense.

format: like

Mr. Jones (interviewer)... " So how does skryzencecki introduce his ideas in Crossing the Red Sea?"
Mrs. Smith (interviewee)... "Well, Mr. Jones he does this by (blah blah blaahhhh..)"

etc etc.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Remember, don't follow the first cliches that pop into your head for interviews! Also, try to be distinctive, but not overly distinctive either!

And yes, I know, no-one likes advice that seems pointless and generic, so here's a small model of what your interview could look like:

Transcript of radio interview between
1. Your interviewer
2. Name (Professor of Art and Media studies)
3. Name (Author of)

1. Welcome to this week's episode of Media Beat. On today's agenda is physical journeys and whether journeys are merely tangible movements from one place to another, or something more; perhaps they are emotional extensions that provide a change in perspective? To discuss this statement, I'd like to invite our distinguished guests (...). They'll be discussing (texts). Now, physical journeys are a simple concrete movement. Would you agree?
2. Most certainly not, and Skrzynecki's poem 'Crossing the Red Sea' is a prime example of why.
1. Can I divert your attention to this line of the poem? It seems to me that the physical endeavours described here, inevitably transmit into a learning process for the wayfarer...
1. Clearly now, journeys CAN facilitate regression..
1. Absolutely. Journeys can be, and are liberating experiences, both physically and emotionally...
1. Dear listeners, you may think this..
1. On a more positive note, journeys encourage a greater appreciation of the spiritual / therapeutic qualities of...

ETC. Whatever tickles your fancy.

P.S - Forbidden is correct; don't fall into the trap of employing only yes-no queries. Make it a tad more interesting than that, and you may just receive the assessment marks and accompanying boost in internal rankings that you were aiming for. :)

Last edited:

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
live.fast said:
Remember, don't follow the first cliches that pop into your head for interviews! Also, try to be distinctive, but not overly distinctive either!

And yes, I know, no-one likes advice that seems pointless and generic, so here's a small model of what your interview could look like:

Transcript of radio interview between
1. Your interviewer
2. Name (Professor of Art and Media studies)
3. Name (Author of)

1. Welcome to this week's episode of Media Beat. On today's agenda is physical journeys and whether journeys are merely tangible movements from one place to another, or something more; perhaps they are emotional extensions that provide a change in perspective? To discuss this statement, I'd like to invite our distinguished guests (...). They'll be discussing (texts). Now, physical journeys are a simple concrete movement. Would you agree?
2. Most certainly not, and Skrzynecki's poem 'Crossing the Red Sea' is a prime example of why.
1. Can I divert your attention to this line of the poem? It seems to me that the physical endeavours described here, inevitably transmit into a learning process for the wayfarer...
1. Clearly now, journeys CAN facilitate regression..
1. Absolutely. Journeys can be, and are liberating experiences, both physically and emotionally...
1. Dear listeners, you may think this..
1. On a more positive note, journeys encourage a greater appreciation of the spiritual / therapeutic qualities of...

ETC. Whatever tickles your fancy.

P.S - Forbidden is correct; don't fall into the trap of employing only yes-no queries. Make it a tad more interesting than that, and you may just receive the assessment marks and accompanying boost in internal rankings that you were aiming for. :)

hey.... cheers for all the effort... and everyone else...had the test on thursday...basically did everything live.fast said...... lolz rom what i can remember..... haha i'll keep u posted on my mark...it was pretty easy just between interviewer and a random person so i did a book critic loolz "john smith"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)