• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Xbox360 or PS3? (1 Viewer)

Snooty

HSC
PS3 - More reliable, Free Online Play (if you'r into it), a shitload of awesome games coming out this year, Blu Ray Player + It looks cooler :cool:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
PS3, reasons have been said.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
what are you using it for mostly?

the 360 is a superior media centre, sans the blu ray of course. all the games on the 360 are in hi def as well. xblm is superior to psn, no contest. paying for online sucks though.

ps3 is definitely going to have the better year, it'll overtake the 360 sometime down the line imo

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
runtlocks said:

the 360 is a superior media centre, sans the blu ray of course. all the games on the 360 are in hi def as well. xblm is superior to psn, no contest. paying for online sucks though.

ps3 is definitely going to have the better year, it'll overtake the 360 sometime down the line imo
how's the 360 a superior media centre?

you can play movies via usb so you can watch it on ur big shiny hd LCD tv. it also has a much better interface to browse around.

i think JB Hifi sells them for chepaer but not 100% sure. try big w or something like that. especially if you have someone that has a woolworth's discount card = 5% off your purchase =D

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
the 360 can do that as well, with external hard drives too. you can also sync it with windows media player. playing games i've finished or something based on multiplayer is also a good time to use the custom soundtrack feature.

forgot to mention that ps3 upscales dvds too.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
if the prices haven't changed since last week, at jb the 360 should sell for $529 for the pro pack with GTA IV, and i believe the ps3 is $744 for the 40gb model and GTA IV.

if i was to get a 360 i'd probably get it imported from the states, so you can play us games which you can buy cheap off sites like play-asia. the warranty would be hard to follow up and those things aren't built very well. then again, you really shouldn't have a problem with the newer models.

JonnoisBored

HSC
Wait until the PS3 comes down in price around the $500 mark, and then i think it will slow down a bit in price deterioration. ;):guitar:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I'd wait a bit for the PS3. When more games come out, more people will buy and the price should drop. Hopefully Sony start bundling the dualshock controller with the PS3 now that they've ironed out the bugs.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
This is an easy one ps3 is the clear winner.

*que the 360 fanboys.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
runtlocks said:

Umm it's for my younger brother, but I won't mind playing games, even though girls suck at playing video games.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
JonnoisBored said:
Wait until the PS3 comes down in price around the $500 mark, and then i think it will slow down a bit in price deterioration. ;):guitar:

That will take ages though...it's still $700 now?

Oh and I think i should go for 360 for now because it's cheaper....then get PS3, so I'd have both afterwards :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Xbox 360:
*Cheaper
*Better game library currently
*Much better online experience/community
*Games are still generally coming out faster on the 360, with PS3 ports still suffering from graphical downgrades and longer development cycles
*20+ hours of extra gameplay for GTAIV once downloadable content comes out

PS3:
*Has the potential to become better
*Blu-ray looks awesome if you have an HDTV
*Free, but limited online play

Plus if you get a 360 I can get you a bonus free game.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Xbox360, no contest. PS3 is a piece of shit with shitty games. 'OMG it r haz blu ray lololol it r media senta'. People want video game consoles not media centres. Get a 360.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
chicky_pie said:
That will take ages though...it's still $700 now?

Oh and I think i should go for 360 for now because it's cheaper....then get PS3, so I'd have both afterwards :)
if he's not going to play online, you can just settle for the arcade pack. you can get them for $399, or i think eb games has them for $419 with some extra stuff, snoop around a bit.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
PS3 is a piece of shit with shitty games. .
How are PS3 games any worse then 360 games?

excluding the fact most games are on both platforms, what games that are shit are on the ps3 and not xbox ?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
How are PS3 games any worse then 360 games?

excluding the fact most games are on both platforms, what games that are shit are on the ps3 and not xbox ?
Lost Planet: on both consoles, but horrible on PS3
Half Life: Orange Box - also on both consoles, but suffers from less polished textures and framerate problems on the PS3
Need for Speed: ProStreet: again, on both systems, but the PS3 version is embarrassingly dumbed down graphically
Madden 08: 30 frames per second on PS3, 60 fps on xbox 360

There are more examples.

The main problem with games that come out on both systems is that the ps3 version is almost always the 'port'. Developers start with the 360 and then port it over: it doesn't make much financial sense spending lots of time working with the ps3's tricky hardware architecture and refining the game. Xbox had the same problem in the last generation: games were created for PS2 and ported to the Xbox.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Online gaming is just that i dont understand how its better on 360, if someone says the community is better they obsiously have no life cause who gives a flying fuck about making friends online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)