• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

your definition (1 Viewer)

=)

=) guys gimme your definition of a bf/gf in a sentence or 2 so i can use for my pip please.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
miss_b said:
A friend who you have sex with?
There's a forum devoted to PIP's. How about you bugger off to there.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
girl·friend Audio pronunciation of "girlfriend" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gûrlfrnd)
n.

1. A favored female companion or sweetheart.
2. A female friend.

I prefer the first definition, from what I gather you can take it to mean a female friend you favour (more than others you favour). And i know it's right :D

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
a best friend. an intimate best friend.. a special one only he/she can have your xoxo's & more

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I think it's just a mutual understanding that you are bf/gf.
That sounds so meaningless.

Just add "with hugs and kisses" to my answer then. :p Or, a boyfriend/girlfriend is someone who you share a relationship with, with no intentions of simultaneously having another one with someone else.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
That sounds so meaningless.

Just add "with hugs and kisses" to my answer then. :p Or, a boyfriend/girlfriend is someone who you share a relationship with, with no intentions of simultaneously having another one with someone else.
I am having a relationship with someone now which you could describe as what you and others have said but she is still not my girlfriend. If she does end up as my girlfriend it will be when both of us have decided it's what we want. It might sound meaningless but it's logical.

santaslayer

HSC
Somone who won't mind a bit of carnal liasion with you. With respect to this process, all parties forgo the opportunity for monetary renumeration, even though one or more parties may feel dismayed at the fact that the other did not fulfill their role appropriately. The dismayed party will still be willing to undergo such activites in future because she feels an indescribable attraction and emotion towards you which make your heart race, your palms sweat and your spine tingle.

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
a friend you have an intimate and exclusive relationship with... someone you care for, trust and share things with and are sexually attracted to i guess.... but that's my definition of a relationship, cos the terms boyfriends and girlfriends hae become a little bit frivolous... they can be tied to things like friends with benefits, fuck buddies.... etc etc

Keen

MD
HSC
I was actually pondering this with some people and couldn't really come to a real definition. In todays society things have become a bit messed up so if we ignore that for arguments sake and say you're not going to have sex for a while (or until you get married) for whatever reasons (and I think the above situation isn't too out there).
What actually changes a girl friend from a girlfriend. I mean there's some girls that I hang out with a lot and we go out or just chat by ourselves (including the hugs) but they aren't my gf's. Whereas you have similar experiences with someone else and they're your gf. And I guess it comes down to some mutual understanding that there's attraction between you two, hand holding, cuddling etc with sex as a possible additional option. So really there doesn't seem to be much difference between them above the physical in some sense, maybe the emotional level is deeper and there's a comitment to getting to know each other and furthering the relationship.
Interestingly (a bit off-topic), one of my friends argued that this is why you should samle your parters sexual habits (and not wait for marriage) as you should find someone who you like in bed as you have to live with that persons sex life forever if you get married.

Anyway that's sort of how I feel at the moment

Keen

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Philosopher nick1048: "Yes, well bf/gf relationships tend to follow certain trends, however only the two of you can ever know the status of the relationship. It's a title that says "back off he/she is mine!" which can be broken at any time by any of the two complying members."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)