• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Youth Allowance Question (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Does anybody know if I am able to use bank statements to prove my income to centrelink? I dont have any payslips :S

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Does anybody know if I am able to use bank statements to prove my income to centrelink? I dont have any payslips :S
why don't u have any payslips? :S

you should be getting some as(correct me if i'm wrong guys) employers are required by law to provide payslips to you.

but ring up centrelink. they'll tellyou if you can or not.

G

Gavvvvvin

But I need old payslips from like 18 months ago from an old job to prove my independance

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmmm

you could probably get ur manager or someone to sign a thing saing you've been working there since 18 months ago.

as i said; ring up centrelink 2morrow. lol.
btw, am i the only one with payslips from the time i've started work? haha

Paj20

HSC
why do you only get this allowance stuff if you earn over like 17,000 in one year to show your independant... its so stupid.. shouldnt people who didnt earn that and r at uni get it

boris

Banned
HSC
yeah you should be able to use bank slips

Peartie

HSC
or just use last years Group certificate as well....plus some pay slips from this year...when i applied i used group certificate for last years pay then a few of my most recent pay slips which have YTD Gross pay on them so they then work it out off that. You need to take in your current bank statement anyway from memory..... btw its over 18000 in 18 months now...which i think is stupid because the idea is youre studying full time....to earn 1000 a month is a big ask when you are studying at the same time...it should be about 11 or 12 grand maximum in 18 months. I mean sure my parents can support me but they wont - I have to pay for everything myself yet I wasnt entitled to YA because I hadnt originally earnt the right amount (by less than 200 dollars mind you!)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i know this a different thing. but now since my dad is retired, my mum isn't earning that great a salary and i'm studying full time (but with a job that pays through the bank and not cash in hand, keeping in mind it's only about 300 a week), am i eligible for anything at all?

Peartie

HSC
you dont have to have earnt 18000 to be eligible for YA - thats just for independence.

If you parents are earning below a certain amount - not sure on the exact one - the you are also eligible. You need to do the family means test but the way its set up, in my eyes anyway, basically means that both parents arent working, the house is a caravan and there is no income whatsoever...its that low...but just go to the centrelink website and look it up, or if that doesnt help call them or see them and ask them!

HSC
The problem with using bank statements is that they don't include any deductions, eg union or tax. This is why centrelink ask for payslips. However, a group certificate should be allright if you have that.

shinji said:
btw, am i the only one with payslips from the time i've started work? haha
No, I still have mine. They're stored away in a folder by financial year. I think I'm missing one or two though, probably lost them at work.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
A bit late but anyway...

You can't use bank statements because they don't provide you're gross payments. Only the total amount after tax and other deductions as babikakez said.

Just get a letter from your emplyee, saying how much you earnt for the period of time you were working there. That's what I did because was missing a couple of payslips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)