• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Yr 10 cohort (2 Viewers)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
So from what I understand, after all the scaling and other hoo-haa that goes on, you end up with an aggregate mark out of 500. The percentile that this mark places you in relation to your year 10 cohort from 2 years ago is your UAI, had all of that cohort gone through and received a UAI.

My quesiton is: how do they determine where to place those that didn't continue through and get a UAI? Is it based off their SC results, or what?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Dumsum said:
So from what I understand, after all the scaling and other hoo-haa that goes on, you end up with an aggregate mark out of 500. The percentile that this mark places you in relation to your year 10 cohort from 2 years ago is your UAI, had all of that cohort gone through and received a UAI.

My quesiton is: how do they determine where to place those that didn't continue through and get a UAI? Is it based off their SC results, or what?
SC results have nothing to do with it - its impossible to use them anyway since not everyone who does HSC did SC. The only thing used from SC is the number of candidates *not* their performance.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
You and your UAI.

"Specifically, the UAI indicates your position relative to the students who sat the School Certificate with you two years ago.

A UAI of 80.00 indicates that you have performed well enough in the HSC to place you 20% from the top of your year 10 group, assuming that all students in this group completed year 12 and were eligible for the UAI."

My question was how do they determine the performance of those that didn't go through to year 12?

7th Sign

HSC
I got some sus letter today goign on about some mumbo jumbo about year 10 results and hsc results WTF?

UWS sucks big time ay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)