• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

yr 12 subject choices (1 Viewer)

waiwai_304

HSC
i m in yr 11 , n doin

advanced eng
maths 4 U
french beginner
jap beginner
bio
chem

n i am definitely droppin french in yr 12..but i am finidin maths ext. 2 hard...shud i drop it as well...but then i will only hv 11 units....do u think that's safe? cz i wanna concentrate more on my other subjects!

but how will it be counted? .....for the UAI u jz count the best 5 subjects....but does maths ext. 1 consider as 1 units onli....if i get better marks in maths ext. 1 than one of my other subjects...let's say biology...... then that's lyk only 9 units in total//
do u get wot i mean?

P

pLuvia

how can you be doing 4u maths right now?? or are u finding maths hard right now, if you are theres no point in doing 4u especially

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
how can you be doing 4u maths right now?? or are u finding maths hard right now, if you are theres no point in doing 4u especially
lol I'm asking the same question as well.....maybe i've been in front of the computer too long...argh! I can't read the writing!! ><

_ShiFTy_

HSC
4U in Yr11? Never knew it was posibble

Currently im doing:

2U English
3U Maths
2U Physics
2U Music 2
2U Legal Studies
2U Economics

Next year im planning to drop Legal Studies and Music 2 and bump Maths to 4U

waiwai_304

HSC
kadlil said:
my sch starts 4U MATHS in term 3...cz the teacher said it's better for us to learn those stuff earlier...dat's y

P

pLuvia

oh okz, if your struggling then i recommend you dont do it, because if you do bad even scaling wont save u :p

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Most people find 4U maths hard at the begining (or right through to the end :p). If you're getting decent marks, i.e. >50%, then try not to be too disheartened and think things through. It gets easier as you go. Do it if you enjoy it, otherwise there's not much point really.

A l

HSC
N/A
waiwai_304 said:
my sch starts 4U MATHS in term 3...cz the teacher said it's better for us to learn those stuff earlier...dat's y
You probably were accelerated into Mathematics Extension 2, by the looks of it.

klaw

HSC
waiwai_304 said:
but does maths ext. 1 consider as 1 units onli....
No, ME1 counts as 3 units. I would suggest sticking to 4U in case it gets better, and if it doesn't, drop from 4U to 3U later in the year.

A l

HSC
N/A
klaw said:
No, ME1 counts as 3 units. I would suggest sticking to 4U in case it gets better, and if it doesn't, drop from 4U to 3U later in the year.
Correction:
If you do 4 units of Mathematics (i.e. Mathematics/Mathematics Extension 1/Mathematics Extension 2)
Mathematics Extension 1 = 2 units
Mathematics Extension 2 = 2 units

If you do 3 units of Mathematics (i.e. Mathematics/Mathematics Extension 1)
Mathematics = 2 units
Mathematics Extension 1 = 1 unit

waiwai_304

HSC
thnx everyone ^^

but... i feel the pressure doing 4U MATHS .....as i hv to spend double time to practise on exercises to keep up work ... on the other hand.........i hv to concentrate on other subjects..!

i am so scared if i am gonna screw up all the subjects in yr 12 cz of 4U MATHS

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i admire anyone with the ability to do 4U maths...coz really, maths in any form is just not my thing. they should let us write essays and stories and stuff in maths, then i'd be sure to pass! :p

P

pLuvia

no way,, lol,, doing english type questions in maths~~ :( english is crap~~ maths rules all~:p

kell_276

HSC
gees! i dont kno why ur school lets u do so many units in yr 11. I am only doing 12 units and i could only hav done a maximum of 13u. Anyway, if i were u i would only do 11units. I am only doing 11u and i kno a lot of ppl that r only doing 10u (thats just stupid). The UAC only counts your ten best units, so if u do really well in ur 11th unit and screw up one of ur others, then they will only count half of ur crappy unit and ur good unit. If u understand wat im saying

P

pLuvia

well im doing 13u, was planning on doing 14u but couldnt start EE1 now so yeh, i know someone who does 15u~~

klaw

HSC
A l said:
Correction:
If you do 4 units of Mathematics (i.e. Mathematics/Mathematics Extension 1/Mathematics Extension 2)
Mathematics Extension 1 = 2 units
Mathematics Extension 2 = 2 units

If you do 3 units of Mathematics (i.e. Mathematics/Mathematics Extension 1)
Mathematics = 2 units
Mathematics Extension 1 = 1 unit
Yeah I misinterpreted the Q. I thought he was asking about the total maths units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)