• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

zazzy needs atar estimate pweaz (1 Viewer)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Ma overall marks has been changed due to the fact i just finsished some assessments and now im wondering can anyone please tell me roughly what ATAR im looking at soo far

english standard- 53%-dunno rank somewhere in da middle
mathematics-70%- 3rd out of 8
extention 1 mathematics-70%- 2nd out of 2 people, marks differ by 2
legal studies-72%- 5th out of 19
chemistry-76%- 1st out of 6
biology-80%- 5th out of 11

ma school rank is 672

thanx peoplez:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's hard to say really. %'s mean jackshit. The mark you get from the BOS is not a percentage, so to speak, it's more a percentile...of sorts (not even, but I can't think of another way to describe it). IE, for my half yearly 4U Maths, I got something like 62%, but I came something like 6th, and my school's maths papers are notoriously difficult (and our maths rank is like 2nd), so I wasn't really worried. Doesn't mean I'm going to get 62 for MX2.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
It's hard to say really. %'s mean jackshit. The mark you get from the BOS is not a percentage, so to speak, it's more a percentile...of sorts (not even, but I can't think of another way to describe it). IE, for my half yearly 4U Maths, I got something like 62%, but I came something like 6th, and my school's maths papers are notoriously difficult (and our maths rank is like 2nd), so I wasn't really worried. Doesn't mean I'm going to get 62 for MX2.
=(

absorber

HSC
Good God stop using coloured text. Actually, could be 75, bit higher or a lot lower. Just hard to tell.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Good God stop using coloured text. Actually, could be 75, bit higher or a lot lower. Just hard to tell.
this. drives me nuts trying to read it.

and please, write words properly?!

i'd guess seventy. ish.

Miz Janani

HSC
Find out your raw marks so far, and how mouch your trials are worth first.

For example:
My raw mark so far for maths is 46.1/60
Since the trials are worth 405, if i can get 100%, i will get a raw mark of 86.1

This mark then gets sent off to the board of studies with my other subject marks and is then converted into my ATAR.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Ma overall marks has been changed due to the fact i just finsished some assessments and now im wondering can anyone please tell me roughly what ATAR im looking at soo far

english standard- 53%-dunno rank somewhere in da middle
mathematics-70%- 3rd out of 8
extention 1 mathematics-70%- 2nd out of 2 people, marks differ by 2
legal studies-72%- 5th out of 19
chemistry-76%- 1st out of 6
biology-80%- 5th out of 11

ma school rank is 672

thanx peoplez:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Your use of coloured words make you a very unique and expressive member.
I do not see why these extremely unadorned and plain people here would complain.
Coloured text is the reason why physics and engineering textbooks are wonderfully better to read.

congrats on pulling 1st place in chem for now, i was fighting for that position throughout my hsc.
your english and mathematics marks srsly need to skyrocket, then you can achieve a good atar like i did with my uai!!!

HSC
its funny how ppl complain about ur writing, but i honestly hope you can achieve an ATAR from 75 - 80 :)

btw congrats on chem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)