• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2013 Federal election (4 Viewers)

2013 Federal Election: 2PP Voting Intention

• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Emily Howard

HSC
i luv how dey hav used gay marriage as the draw card now

we all knew it was going to come through eventually it was just at da mercy ov pollies who want support

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd lands killer blow to Abbott in the Great Debate.
Source: Australian Financial Review

Kevin Rudd has kept alive his election hopes with a hard fought debate against Tony Abbott in which he dominated and landed a knock out blow to Tony Abbott. Kevin Rudd was also chosen the winner by a group of undecided voters. In the one and only head-to-head debate between the two Leaders before the September 7 election, Mr Rudd made one promise- a conscience vote on legalising gay marriage within the first 100 days of the new Parliament- while Mr Abbott to not rule out changes to the GST as part of the white paper on tax reform he will commission if elected Prime Minister. The GST is on the table and is part of the equation Mr Abbott insisted, prompting Mr Rudd to ask Mr Abbott why he is hell bent on increasing the GST to 20 per cent. After the debate, the Channel Nine worm, which was controlled by a weighted sample of 100 undecided voters, and which was mostly favourable to Mr Rudd throughout, awarded Mr Rudd the debate 59 per cent to 41 per cent.

"This election is about a clear choice on the economy, on jobs, on how we support families under pressure and how we support education and health," Mr Rudd proclaimed.
"We are a great country but we can't afford a Coalition government because of toxic cuts to the bone against health, education, the public service and welfare",added Mr Rudd.

Last edited:

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
who the fuck cares? why should the ability to memorise some facts and figures be so important?
you realise this can be said for Rudd too. If it didnt matter why did he do it? he should have been able to do it without the notes. he obviously knew shit all and expected to out there and just read off the paper. He underestimated Abbott. Its not so much the fact he broke the rules but that he was that unprepared (despite calling out Abbott every time he could) and that he was so desperate. School kid stuff

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
In fact I'd go as far to say that the debate will mark the beginning of the end for Rudd, it's just a question of how big the LNP majority will be now
+1 and the worst bit for Rudd is that he brought it all upon himself. He constantly called for there to be a debate and it backfired something fierce. Rudd also should have struck with more force especially where Abbott didnt know shit about his own budget, Rudd let it slip... I think he was startled that Abbott was doing so well. I expected Abbott to go out and blow himself up with his umms and arghhs and stupid shit.

Fightomo

HSC
N/A
I just want to put it out there I saw Abbot using and writing notes during the debate. He was the first one I saw doing so. I remember thinking to myself "well Ruddy should write stuff down too". Everyone is against Rudd (the media). It so sad. They want him to crash so hard.

Also Abbot to me didnt seem like he knew what he was talking about. Most of it was getting pulled out of his ass. When the questioned about Aged care came out, he made that paperwork shit on the spot. Think about it. Thats all he could come up with?

Last edited:

Emily Howard

HSC
I just want to put it out there I saw Abbot using and writing notes during the debate. He was the first one I saw doing so. I remember thinking to myself "well Ruddy should write stuff down too". Everyone is against Rudd (the media). It so sad. They want him to crash so hard.

Also Abbot to me didnt seem like he knew what he was talking about. Most of it was getting pulled out of his ass. When the questioned about Aged care came out, he made that paperwork shit on the spot. Think about it. Thats all he could come up with?
yer allowed to write notes u dolt

u just cant take in preprepared notes

Fightomo

HSC
N/A
yer allowed to write notes u dolt

u just cant take in preprepared notes
Well... I feel like a idiot. This changes everything.
LOL JOKES (to an extent)

Doesn't change the fact that everyone is all up in arms over this stupid matter

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree it's stupid for it t be an issue, but it's even stupider for Rudd not to have realized that it would have been made an issue of. As thegreatest99.5 said above, Rudd has been calling for a debate for weak, you think he might have actually been prepared.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree it's stupid for it t be an issue, but it's even stupider for Rudd not to have realized that it would have been made an issue of. As thegreatest99.5 said above, Rudd has been calling for a debate for weak, you think he might have actually been prepared.
Week, week , week!!!! Not weak.....

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad

Kevin Rudd has kept alive his election hopes with a hard fought debate against Tony Abbott in which he dominated and landed a knock out blow to Tony Abbott. Kevin Rudd was also chosen the winner by a group of undecided voters. In the one and only head-to-head debate between the two Leaders before the September 7 election, Mr Rudd made one promise- a conscience vote on legalising gay marriage within the first 100 days of the new Parliament- while Mr Abbott to not rule out changes to the GST as part of the white paper on tax reform he will commission if elected Prime Minister. The GST is on the table and is part of the equation Mr Abbott insisted, prompting Mr Rudd to ask Mr Abbott why he is hell bent on increasing the GST to 20 per cent. After the debate, the Channel Nine worm, which was controlled by a weighted sample of 100 undecided voters, and which was mostly favourable to Mr Rudd throughout, awarded Mr Rudd the debate 59 per cent to 41 per cent.

"This election is about a clear choice on the economy, on jobs, on how we support families under pressure and how we support education and health," Mr Rudd proclaimed.
"We are a great country but we can't afford a Coalition government because of toxic cuts to the bone against health, education, the public service and welfare",added Mr Rudd.
You're wrongly quoting a source. The actual title was "leaders fail to land killer blow".

The first three paragraphs were this -

"Kevin Rudd has kept alive his election hopes with a hard-fought debate against Tony Abbott in which neither leader landed a knockout blow but Mr Rudd was the chosen winner by undecided voters.

In the one and only head-to-head debate between the two before the *September 7 election, Mr Rudd made one promise – a conscience vote on legalising gay marriage within the first 100 days of the new Parliament – while Mr Abbott declined to rule out examining changes to the GST as part of the white paper on tax reform he will commission if elected.

“The GST doesn’t change under the Coalition,’’ Mr Abbott insisted, prompting Mr Rudd to ask him why was the tax being examined as part of the Coalition’s white paper."

And Rudd never said this ""We are a great country but we can't afford a Coalition government because of toxic cuts to the bone against health, education, the public service and welfare",added Mr Rudd"

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Do not misquote. Quote it verbatim or not at all.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Stop the notes.

Why is Janet Albrechtsen. It bothers me, in a sort of existential despair, that Peter Costello and Peter Reith, the people who ran the Liberal party, are much more critical and analytical of the Liberal party, than alleged 'journalist' Albrechtsen. I don't care about her work or influence or whatever, I'm just existentially disturbed by how she has transcended all decent human morality, and for seemingly no reason, when people like Reith or Latham can maintain a media profile without such extreme rimming. What would drive a person to that level of slavish depravity? There's a whole group of similar opinion columnists on the right, who abandon all independent thought, in a way that makes Peter Reith look moderate and intellectual.

I'd speculate it's an easy way of writing to a deadline, and the school of Australian writers who write like this are less intelligent than former politicians.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Janet is such a scumbag. Why does she even have a bloody job!!!

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Mr Rudd made one promise- a conscience vote on legalising gay marriage within the first 100 days of the new Parliament-
Looks like all Labor has to offer is gimmicks.

But hell, it's worked before. The reason JG ever got in power was because she was Australia's opportunity to have a first female prime minister.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC

But hell, it's worked before. The reason JG ever got in power was because she was Australia's opportunity to have a first female prime minister.
no she got in because she cut better deals with the independents to form a majority

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

lolwat

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Gillard became prime minister because she was significantly more popular with her colleagues, Rudd had made enemies of every faction, she was also more popular with the Australian public, polling higher than Rudd at the time of the leadership challenge, Rudd may have lost the 2010 election outright based on contemporary polling.

Her popularity with colleagues, and their choice to nominate Gillard, was vindicated, as she was able to work with the factions within the Labor party in a far more cooperative leadership style than Rudd, during her term.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd is a better leader than Gillard.

Source: Sathius005
Rudd is attracting a greater vote than Gillard in terms of the two party preferred vote in the 2013 federal election. Gillard attracted 43 per cent of the 2PP vote in June 2013, Kevin Rudd attracts 48 per cent of the 2PP vote. Rudd is more popular with the voters than Gillard as manifested by his net approval ratings.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd is a better leader than Gillard.

Source: Sathius005
Rudd is attracting a greater vote than Gillard in terms of the two party preferred vote in the 2013 federal election. Gillard attracted 43 per cent of the 2PP vote in June 2013, Kevin Rudd attracts 48 per cent of the 2PP vote. Rudd is more popular with the voters than Gillard as manifested by his net approval ratings.
Groundbreaking information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)