• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2U Maths TextBook (1 Viewer)

the1

HSC
I hear all the 3U and 4U people going on about the guys book who gives really good HSC style questions and indepth answers.

What I would like to know is if there is a similar book for 2U Maths?
Or what is the best book to buy for some extra practice?

My school textbook is MIF :lol::cry:

the1

HSC
Thanks slyhunter. Would I be able to pick that up in Dymocks?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Yes, although it would be cheaper to find someone selling it second-hand (here included).

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I would probably opt for Coroneos. But that's just me probably.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I like his questions but despise the font.
Well I don't mind the font. But imagine in the 1960's when everyone had to use that book for HSC maths. Not a pretty sight since everyone I know depises the font in Coroneos :p

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Get the fuck away from MIF seriously.

Fitzpatrick is epic. Grab a copy, and soon, the questions are great. Also 3unit mathematics by S.B Jones and K.E Couchman (book 1) is great too. I know it's 3unit but the first book (of two) is just the 2unit syllabus. The second book does the 3unit topics.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
It's amazing the number of schools adopting Maths in Focus as their text.

HSC
N/A
My school used maths in focus as their main textbook, and I got very good marks.

Well I did use "100 mini hsc" books, they are old but are alright, as well as doing a fair few past papers.

I actually didnt start using cambridge until like a month before the actual HSC exams ( where I would photocopy exercises out of my teachers copy, I had already bout excel 3unit maths and didnt want to spend any more money on maths books so I photocopied pages out of my teachers lol ).

That being said, maths in focus, in my opinion, is no where near as useless as some of the people on here think it is, it does prepare you reasonably good for Q1-5 in the hscs, which is something, yes it doesnt have really "exam style" questions in most topics, but the difficultly is medium-ish.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
My school used maths in focus as their main textbook, and I got very good marks.

Well I did use "100 mini hsc" books, they are old but are alright, as well as doing a fair few past papers.

I actually didnt start using cambridge until like a month before the actual HSC exams ( where I would photocopy exercises out of my teachers copy, I had already bout excel 3unit maths and didnt want to spend any more money on maths books so I photocopied pages out of my teachers lol ).

That being said, maths in focus, in my opinion, is no where near as useless as some of the people on here think it is, it does prepare you reasonably good for Q1-5 in the hscs, which is something, yes it doesnt have really "exam style" questions in most topics, but the difficultly is medium-ish.
they came out with a 2nd edition to add harder questions for each exercise, because people complained it was too easy.

Kanane

HSC
N/A
How does the Jones & Couchman 2U textbook fare? That's the main textbook for our 2 unit class, but I've also got a Cambridge text at home...

HSC
N/A
How does the Jones & Couchman 2U textbook fare? That's the main textbook for our 2 unit class, but I've also got a Cambridge text at home...
its probably a tiny bit better than MIF, they have alot of questions, but some of the questions they have are not "exam style" , but they are good practice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)