• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4 unit Mathematics in Mini Exams (1 Viewer)

Scoople

HSC
Hey guys, so I recently did the 4U mini exam at my school this term and I believe I got around 40-60% for the assessment.
I'm extremely disheartened right now and would like to know how much this mini exam result would affect my ATAR.
All my classmates say they seemed to do reasonably well this assessment and so my score would probably be below average.
Can I still recover from this or should I drop to 3U maths? I also did the 2U exam today and only lost one mark (i.e 70/71) so I'm not sure what to do from this point.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
What's the weighting? Are you doing 4U Accelerated? Is that even a thing?

Scoople

HSC
What's the weighting? Are you doing 4U Accelerated? Is that even a thing?
The weighting is 30%. Whoops, mb.

Accelerated 4u...wtf!!!!!! You doing HSC 4u in year 11!!!!

But yeh that is EXACTLY ME RIGHT NOW WITH 4 UNIT MATHS.....I just got my 4 unit test back today and got %57 (20/35) while the other students got 94% and 97%.... i also took the 2 unit exam just in case and i only dropped a mark as well 34/35......

I made so many stupid errors (like when expanding i rushed and i did i * -i = -1.....when really it should be 1... etc...) so I could have gotten around 5 marks better making my mark go from 20/35 to 25/35 which is 71% percent..

I personally wasn't ready for that exam TIME WISE...if i had more time i could have done better....

SO...if you feel like you did bad because you didn't study enough or you weren't fast enough answering the question...then i suggest you keep 4u for another assessment, but still make sure you take the 2u tasks.
Yeap, thanks, I think I'll keep the 4u and just prepare better for it so that this doesn't happen again. Do you think this assessment result would get in the way of my 90+ ATAR aim???

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I got around 62% in I think it was either X1 or X2 (the other was 68%) for half-yearly in Year 12.
I ended up getting Band 6 in Ext 1, and Band 5 in Ext 2.
As long as you put the effort in, practice lots, and are confident that you will do well, then no probs.

iStudent

HSC
Oh if there is only 3 in your cohort and the other 2 are doing super well, then there is no problem. Your final hsc mark will probably be the same as your exam mark - so essentially, even if you get 0 for all your exams leading up to the hsc, as long as you do well in the final hsc exam and the other 2 continue blitzing through the course - you should do well also :) (e4 is very possible, in other words)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)