• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

7 Billion People (6 Viewers)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
That feel when we're living in a global calm before the storm just waiting for the developing countries to become strong enough to take our food and minerals to feed their swelling hordes

LonelyWolf

HSC
just because first world countries are more advanced does not mean they have to share it

HSC
If there's gonna be over 2 billion africans, better get ready for more of this

That's why i love immigration because there's so many diverse cultures and peoples out there to come into contact with, Australians really have no idea how sheltered we are

Vidhya

HSC
Legalise homosexual marriage everywhere, and couples will adopt the nigerian babies.

nigeria's higher than japan, what?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
im not a fascist (though a lot of people would describe me as one) and i sympathise a lot more with fascism than communism

fascism has strong advantages compard to liberalism but also strong weaknesses

without public debate there is no scrutiny and you get corruption

and excessive political and irrational thinking leads to things like the japanese thinking they could beat americans with courage

hitler also fell into this trap with his festung ideas

sorry hitler but ns indoctrination and fanaticism don't make up for being outgunned 10:1 by an opponent which learned from its earlier mistakes and has now mastered the operational art

importantly also liberal ideologies don't understand the totality of politics

fascists and communists get it which unfortunately leads them to construct hellish places to live at times

for instance under apartheid the south african elite became increasingly liberal due to links with international education, business, culture, etc

hence why the main calvinist church eventually came out against apartheid

the liberal failure to understand the totality of politics (they do get the importance of education and media to some extent but not in the same way as communist/fascist ideologies) led to the inevitable demise of apartheid as one example

fascism is also (unlike communism) romantic and slightly palingenetic so tends to have an excellent sense of aesthetics

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I wasn't saying you're a fascist I was just saying that fascism is pretty retarded and terrible and its proponents are about the same

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"It cannot be denied that Fascism and similar movements aiming at the establishment of dictatorships are full of the best intentions and that their intervention has, for the moment, saved European civilization. The merit that Fascism has thereby won for itself will live on eternally in history. But though its policy has brought salvation for the moment, it is not of the kind which could promise continued success. Fascism was an emergency makeshift. To view it as something more would be a fatal error.'

Ludwig von Mises

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
cosmo if you have a few hours to piss away I would highly reccomend watching this:

[youtube]2AScfnJfb-8&start=1410[/youtube]

if not at least just watch the section I've made it autostart at, it goes over tribalism and how it relates to nazi germany etc

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah v. interesting i've read about dunbar's number before too

this evo psych stuff is highly tentative atm though

HSC
as stated, nigerias population is expected to be ~750,000,000 in 2050 lol hence the large GDP projection
the japs will still have 4x as much GDP per capita etc

also i think it will be a long time before anyone comes knocking on our doorstep looking to take our dirt
they still have a lot of untapped resources in their own continents to pillage and fight over

and as long as we pick our m8s wisely then we should be fine

i would be more concerned over a pakistan/india/china/iran nuclear war lol

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
i would be more concerned over a pakistan/india/china/iran nuclear war lol
Why would you be concerned over that? We only have a concern when the Americans come in, pick a side and draw the allies in with them, and we get smashed.

Btw If Ron Paul gets elected, Iran will probably develop nukes and scare the crap out of Israel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)