• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

80GB Ipod Video (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
hey everyone....
i'm thinking about buy a 80Gb ipod video......

who on here has one?
and what do you think about it, is it worth the money?
Pros and Cons....

Sonata

HSC
just look after it well since it has an hdd in it, they tend to die if they're dropped

GREMM1S

HSC
I got one in the hollidays when i went to America it only cost me like 160 AUS over there so they are quite expensive still here but they are great. Sound quality like all ipods isn't the best but for storage and videos they are the best thing you can get. Also itunes is very, very bad, if you do get an ipod use alternative software, i use Media Monkey and it i much better.

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
I have an 80GB ipod but I think it is the old 5.5G model:

Pros:
Heaps of space.
Good interface (like most stuff Apple)

Cons:
Expensive (I got it as a prize, but meh)
Have to use iTunes or MediaMonkey - no drag and drop interface.
The screen gets fingerprints easy as does the back.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I have a 30gb iPod I've had since 2005. It's been dropped, thrown about in my school bag, thrown up in the air by myself (I really respect my property) and still not a single problem.

Despite having it for so long I still hardly use any of my space on it! About 7GB or so...really I just got mum to buy it for me cause it was the latest and most coolest, haha.

Anyway I think with iPod's it is just half your luck. Many friends have gone through so many iPods because they just end up breaking after their waranty. My biggest problem with them is the headphones as I've been through several.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
JaredR said:
I have a 30gb iPod I've had since 2005. It's been dropped, thrown about in my school bag, thrown up in the air by myself (I really respect my property) and still not a single problem.

Despite having it for so long I still hardly use any of my space on it! About 7GB or so...really I just got mum to buy it for me cause it was the latest and most coolest, haha.

Anyway I think with iPod's it is just half your luck. Many friends have gone through so many iPods because they just end up breaking after their waranty. My biggest problem with them is the headphones as I've been through several.

lol, why did you throw it up in the air?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)