• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A few questions :) (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
Melsc, check out the UWS timetables over here (click on the numbers for timetable, on the name for info):

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/tt/display2.asp?yr=2006&p=AU&faculty=Law

Intro to law:

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_...AY&p=AU&yr=2006&frompg=display2&faculty='Law'

Torts law:

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_...AY&p=AU&yr=2006&frompg=display2&faculty='Law'

Seems Fitzpatrick is taking all of torts, you'd be having a harder time than last years class :p.

Chances are, this answer created even more questions, add LaraB or Jennifer or someone to msn to get a quicker reply.

L

LaraB

melsc said:
But how would someone who hasn't been there know what to choose?
you don't:)

chances are - since you're doing a combined course - you may not have all that much chioce in lecturer/tute/seminar times - so i'd suggest you just do whatever fits best for your timetable around work or whatever you have to consider.

you can't really tell until you'vehad a teacher as to whether or not they're a good teacher since a lot of people's opinions differ... so i'd jst suggest you pretend like no one mentioned anything about any teachers being good or bad and just pick the time slots that work out best for you:) because, no matter how good a teahcer is - chances are you will absolutely HATE the classes ifyou have say.... a 9-11am and 4-5pm day every day, regardless of who the teacher is coz the crappy timetabling will annoy you way more:p

Angel45

HSC
LaraB said:
you don't:)

chances are - since you're doing a combined course - you may not have all that much chioce in lecturer/tute/seminar times - so i'd suggest you just do whatever fits best for your timetable around work or whatever you have to consider.

you can't really tell until you'vehad a teacher as to whether or not they're a good teacher since a lot of people's opinions differ... so i'd jst suggest you pretend like no one mentioned anything about any teachers being good or bad and just pick the time slots that work out best for you:) because, no matter how good a teahcer is - chances are you will absolutely HATE the classes ifyou have say.... a 9-11am and 4-5pm day every day, regardless of who the teacher is coz the crappy timetabling will annoy you way more:p
that's right, it's luck...just chance I got good ones coz I didn't know who was who.. but I mean most are gr8 anyway so it doesn't matter... we've just given u some inside info on who's good in case u do have some choice.. but mostly with double degrees u'll have to choose certain classes to ensure it all fits.
all the best!

Jonathan A

HSC
1. Those doing a combined law degree, how many days and how many hours do you go to uni a week?

2. Those who do Social Science(Criminology)/ B Laws - UWS as the non law units are at Bankstown is their days when you have to be at Parramatta then Bankstown then Parramatta again or is it one campus one day or what?

3. How close is Rydalmere station to the campus? (even though I most likely will drive, I may have to catch the train when my parents wont give me the car)

4. What's the best way to get to the Bankstown campus from Strathfield?

5. What's around the Parramatta campus at the moment?, because I have to go to this Lunch on D-day at 12 but D day wont start until 4pm so I'll have nothing to do until then
They may have been answered....

1. Combined Law hours a week for you if you do SocSci/Law will be roughly 14 hours a week:

2 x 4 hours a week for law (decreases later on)
2 x 3 hours a week for social science (may decrease - considering online lectures)

2. It is at two campuses. I have had to travel between the two. If you do not have access to a car, my best advice is to allow three hours travel time, or do it at penrith (same train line). It's not hard to do and you get your reading out of the way. The units generally don't conflict.

3. Rydalmere is nextdoor. I have heard rumours about safety. That is rubbish. Remember (from my criminological knowledge), people just don't attack others for no reason. Most assaults are between people who know each other. And being a law student, it is hardly likely you will be on campus at night.

4. Get the 485 or 486 Bus to Bankstown Station and then get the 922 Bus to Bankstown. (the trains are slower)

5. I would be there and gladly give a quick JA tour and perhaps Jenn might have joined along with her knowledge, but I have a lunch meeting with the President of the UWS Law Students Association tomorrow - I might be there.

Most of the facilities are closed during the holidays. But the Coop might be open. See all the 'cool' books. I spend about 2 hours in there.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Jonathan A said:
They may have been answered....

1. Combined Law hours a week for you if you do SocSci/Law will be roughly 14 hours a week:

2 x 4 hours a week for law (decreases later on)
2 x 3 hours a week for social science (may decrease - considering online lectures)

2. It is at two campuses. I have had to travel between the two. If you do not have access to a car, my best advice is to allow three hours travel time, or do it at penrith (same train line). It's not hard to do and you get your reading out of the way. The units generally don't conflict.

3. Rydalmere is nextdoor. I have heard rumours about safety. That is rubbish. Remember (from my criminological knowledge), people just don't attack others for no reason. Most assaults are between people who know each other. And being a law student, it is hardly likely you will be on campus at night.

4. Get the 485 or 486 Bus to Bankstown Station and then get the 922 Bus to Bankstown. (the trains are slower)

5. I would be there and gladly give a quick JA tour and perhaps Jenn might have joined along with her knowledge, but I have a lunch meeting with the President of the UWS Law Students Association tomorrow - I might be there.

Most of the facilities are closed during the holidays. But the Coop might be open. See all the 'cool' books. I spend about 2 hours in there.
LOL so I guess I'll spend the time between the lunch and D day either reading the law books or trying to find *and breaking into the moot court* I'll be the over zealous one getting kicked out...hope too see you guys :)

You do ur Criminology at Bankstown don't you?

It seems I should drive, I haven't driven in ages, should go and get some practice b4 uni

Jonathan A

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
1. 4. What's the best way to get to the Bankstown campus from Strathfield?

drive. it's practically just going all the way up punchbowl rd and continuing onto canterbury rd with one or two turns. public transport too tricky

Oh Jenn if you go to Banks the same time as me, we'd probably see each other.

Mel, you make your way to Punchbowl Road, and then you turn on Canterbury Road and then turn into Milperra Road. Then the River Road near Maccas (that make horrible Frappes). make your way down that road as it takes you toward Revesby (mad coffee shops down there), turn right into Beaconfield Street, follow down, then turn into Horsley Street, then left into Bullecourt Avenue.

Angel45

HSC
Heya, just a question :) does any1 know what time the cafe or river bar closes at parra...? Coz I have an evening class (8-10) this semester and I was thinking hmmm wonder if u could like get dinner there one night?

Ta.

Jonathan A

HSC
I think its 8 (can't be certain). There is talk of extending hours of trade last meeting I went to.

Angel45

HSC
Jonathan A said:
I think its 8 (can't be certain). There is talk of extending hours of trade last meeting I went to.
Oh yeah, oh that's not too bad then... least it's not like 5 or something. thanks...

L

LaraB

it was fairly early last semester...

because i had classes til 6pm and teh cafe was closed by the time i'd finished and only the drinks part of teh bar was open..

however, as jonathan said, it may change next year since they're refurbishing and all that kinda thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)