• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

a metal version of the grammys would be nice (1 Viewer)

deathsgambit

HSC
why isnt there a metal version of the grammys out there!!
theres so many unique and up coming metal bands not being recognised such as kania and anxiety whispers(which u may or may not have heard of) and soo many old ones having the same problem!! (considoring they are mostly american but the grammys already are american arent they):mad:

Last edited:

slip

HSC
i believe the grammys have awards for all styles of popular music, and therefore not defined to one style but a comibination of genres that are popular - punk, rock, rap, hip hop. Hence metal is apart fo that but jsut not a huge part cause its no that popular.

and further more that it is popular artist that win the awards and perform, therefore a metal band is not going to be a huge ting at the grammys.

finally the grammys try to award musical talent, so would having a grammys for metal be kinda like having a tallest dwarf competition?

spell check

HSC
linkin park are the best metal band anyway so there is no point

haven't they won grammys?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
doesnt the grammys cover all musical aspects i.e. rock, punk, pop, r&b etc etc etc
the list goes on...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
deathsgambit said:
theres so many unique and up coming metal bands not being recognised such as kania and anxiety whispers(which u may or may not have heard of) and soo many old ones having the same problem!! (considoring they are mostly american but the grammys already are american arent they):mad:
well for australia i hope you've heard of kerrang...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
kerrang sucks the dick, and besides - metal isn't there to be appreciated by the masses.

wanton-wonton

HSC
deathsgambit said:
Don't be stupid, yeah?

walrusbear

HSC
woah a metal grammies would be sweet!

the grammies are such a respected awards ceremonies; honouring a lot of valuable musicians. it would give the genre a lot of cred if there was a metal (and sub-metal genre) grammy awards. the real grammies don't really get quality music like sepultera for example

spiny norman

HSC
walrusbear said:
the grammies are such a respected awards ceremonies; honouring a lot of valuable musicians.
Okay.

it would give the genre a lot of cred if there was a metal (and sub-metal genre) grammy awards.
I'm pretty sure there is a metal genre at the Grammies. I have no clue, but I think I once was told that Jethro Tull once won the Grammy for Best Metal Artist, back in the day.

wanton-wonton

HSC
spiny norman said:
I'm pretty sure there is a metal genre at the Grammies. I have no clue, but I think I once was told that Jethro Tull once won the Grammy for Best Metal Artist, back in the day.
No, you are quite right, there have been 'Best Metal Performance with Vocal' award. Metallica has won it five times. This year's winner was Motorhead for "Whiplash".

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
jethro tull .. metal wtf?

i daresay any 'metal' awards would only go to the most mainstream sucessful metal bands, and wouldn't really represent the genre at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)