• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

a new job.. (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I went for a job in a coffeeshop thats opening in erina fair and i got offered a job in the interview and i was really excited cos ive wanted to leave my job for ages and it sounded really good. So they said that the coffeeshop is opening on the 22nd december, and they are having training on the 20th and they'll ring me closer to that date...anyway i lost my mobile on one of my drunken escapades and that was the number they always rang, so I rang up the recruitment person and told her my mobile was broken and to contact my home phone, and she said that I will be contacted within 2 days. And I never got contacted...do you think I should ring them? I'm not sure if I was getting brushed off all along, or if I shouldnt have rung them and told them my phone was broken...

Callistogenic

HSC
lol. Simple solution: In future, don't get drunk! Employers don't have the time and don't really want to be chasing around people with contact numbers that differ to what they've already got. Many employers just ignore those potential candidates as its more work for them.

Goodluck anyway.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
dreamcaster said:
lol. Simple solution: In future, don't get drunk! Employers don't have the time and don't really want to be chasing around people with contact numbers that differ to what they've already got. Many employers just ignore those potential candidates as its more work for them.

Goodluck anyway.

they already had my home phone on my resume and applications anyway

also, how is it a simple solution to not get drunk in the future. that doesent solve this dilemma at all!

steven_m

HSC
yeaa jus give em anotha call if they c ur keen 4 the position they will hire u for sure

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
I went for a job in a coffeeshop thats opening in erina fair and i got offered a job in the interview and i was really excited cos ive wanted to leave my job for ages and it sounded really good. So they said that the coffeeshop is opening on the 22nd december, and they are having training on the 20th and they'll ring me closer to that date...anyway i lost my mobile on one of my drunken escapades and that was the number they always rang, so I rang up the recruitment person and told her my mobile was broken and to contact my home phone, and she said that I will be contacted within 2 days. And I never got contacted...do you think I should ring them? I'm not sure if I was getting brushed off all along, or if I shouldnt have rung them and told them my phone was broken...
im not too good with advice but here goes:

as we all know, businesspeople get busy, they have a new store opening and theyre probably all extremely stressed. Personally, id say ur not the only person they havent called as yet. do you know anyone else that went for the same job and said they would get a call? if so ask them if they are in the same situation...

it was a good idea to call them to tell them to contact a different number if they need to, otherwise who would of known what might happen..

my advice is to stay patient.. and if there is no word then they obviously arent very organised or they could have completely forgotten about you (lol no offence intended).

as for not getting drunk? pfff do it as much as u please :) :p :gridnod:

elisabeth

HSC
Firstly - your personal life is nothing to do with work. If you want to go out and get pissed, your choice. I don't see why that even came into this - ok, you made a mistake, but I could just have easily lost a phone by leaving it on the bus.

Anyway... I would say it's worth pursuing, if you think about it like this:

Don't call - they might get around to calling you, but they've got a lot to deal with, if they're opening a new store...

Do call - if they're not interested anymore, you can at least know and move on from it. On the other hand, there's a chance they meant to call you but couldn't/forgot...

Basically, you've got nothing to lose but a lot to gain, I'd give it another go - making sure to phone them sometime when they're probably not too busy and there'll be people around. Then you'll know for sure what's going on. And you (and they) have to know soon because the training is only in a week's time. Good luck!

Out of interest, what coffee shop is it? Where abouts in Erina Fair?

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
thanks everyone, im still not sure if im going to call :S

elisabeth, its called "muzz buzz" and it is going to be near boost juice across from sanity

elisabeth

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
thanks everyone, im still not sure if im going to call :S

elisabeth, its called "muzz buzz" and it is going to be near boost juice across from sanity
ah, what have you got to lose. if they diss you, yeah, it'd be embarrassing, but it's over the phone... not like you have to see them. and if so, tell us, and i'll get my friends to boycott it. if they hire you, we'll come round for drinks :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what she said ^^^

CALL!!

they will never remember you, if you don't call it's a lost chance - if you call the chance is still there. call, say you were told you'd get a call but didn't and see what happens.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
do we really need another coffee shop at erina fair?
seriously there is starbucks, gloria jeans and the coffee club
oh and the new expresso place in the hive
and thats of the top of my head

by the way u should call
and envious of u finding a job on the coast

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
it didnt matter anyway, they ended up ringing as soon as i posted this. they rang my mobile too they must have forgot that i rang. lucky my sim card already came

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Woohoo That was lucky! I may...walk past you one day. Juice sounds more appealing at the moment.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Benovista said:
Woohoo That was lucky! I may...walk past you one day. Juice sounds more appealing at the moment.
awww they do sell frappes and i think maybe juices as well. erina fair boost is crap, they make you wait for oh maybe half an hour. by the time you get your juice your thirst has come and gone :p

elisabeth

HSC
Congratulations... guess the boycott is off then. Damn. I'd organised the lynch mob and everything! When will you be quitting Appetitos? Do you get free drinks?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
elisabeth said:
Congratulations... guess the boycott is off then. Damn. I'd organised the lynch mob and everything! When will you be quitting Appetitos? Do you get free drinks?
lol not sure about the free drinks, they mentioned something about getting to try them in the interview...they said theyd call within a week last tuesday and they still havent called :uhoh: I will be quitting when i know this job is definitley definite :p dont want to give notice yet in case it falls through!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when you start a new job you should report your old one because what they do is disgusting (i think it was you)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
iambored said:
when you start a new job you should report your old one because what they do is disgusting (i think it was you)
yeah it was me....my work is disgusting. i wont ever eat at any small cafe or anything cos i think they are all probably dirty. i dont know if reporting them would do anything, cos i dont really have proof except for my word...and theyve passed a health inspection before

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
awww they do sell frappes and i think maybe juices as well. erina fair boost is crap, they make you wait for oh maybe half an hour. by the time you get your juice your thirst has come and gone :p
frappes? Im there!!

lol someone told me the juice tastes funky there(boost)... like a bodily fluid *eww*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)