• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Abbott: Leader of the Opposition? Prime Minister? (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
When has Abbott said that he 'doesnt believe in' evolution?

Lentern

HSC
That's where his conservative, religious position clouds his judgement and thus eliminates any possibility of him ever being a viable leadership option.
Exactly. I doubt he'd actually be any more conservative than Howard but penty of people would be willing to believe that he would be. The fact that this Abbott movement all began with him being polite in parliament amongst the belligerence that surrounded him should say enough about how serious a candidate he really is.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Exactly. I doubt he'd actually be any more conservative than Howard but penty of people would be willing to believe that he would be. The fact that this Abbott movement all began with him being polite in parliament amongst the belligerence that surrounded him should say enough about how serious a candidate he really is.
You have to be belligerent and rude to be a serious candidate....? I guess that does explain Mark Latham though...

Lentern

HSC
You have to be belligerent and rude to be a serious candidate....? I guess that does explain Mark Latham though...
That is not what i said ya goose I meant that recently during a rather intense question time Abbott raised some POOs in a polite, amiable fashion that made him stand out and people like Greg Sheridanturned around and said "you know he's actually a pretty nice guy Abbott, intelligent too..." He is also benefitting from Costello's resignation.

HSC
as most in this thread have already stated, when it comes to social issues he is batshit insane. most of australia couldn't look past his staunch conservatism in these issues, in the unlikely event he snared the leadership in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)