• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Adhd (1 Viewer)

Loz_x

HSC
Hi,
Two weeks from start of HSC exams I've been diagnosed with ADHD. I've always struggled to study and to finish exams although I still try to succeed (managed to top adv eng but every assessment was left til the night before). I'm really stressed about remembering content, studying etc. I won't have further assessments or medication before exams and was wondering if anyone with ADHD could share how they focus etc. I'd already decided to do my HSC over two years about midway through as the pressure was too much, but even four exams my head is about to explode.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, even from people who just struggle to concentrate and study in general.
I do want to go to university - I want to do a conservation science degree and then vet science. But doesn't feel like that will ever happen!!

Thanks

Last edited:

Loz_x

HSC
would you remember what you've studied??

Loz_x

HSC
I was messing lol. Nope. I know someone with like a 7 year old with ADHD but I don't know if the meds are different for adults. And that'd be a weird thing to ask!

o_0

HSC
are you talking to yourself...?

Glorious

HSC
wow you have got srs problems!
Lmao.

Um, I went to read the names of those who posted the first three comments a few times before it occured to me that it was the same person... Confused.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I don't have adhd but I do know people who do.

Maybe write out a study timetable? Stick the timetable where you can see. And try to stick to it the best you can. With your mind drifting of the time, I know it's hard to keep on track.

People with adhd can acheive many things, as they have the ability to push themselves further than their limits but they have to do the things they are passionate about. Possibly try to enjoy the subjects as much as you can and tell yourself you needs to achieve better than others. Work with your disadvantage, not against it.

Also! Anything can happen as long as you never give up!! Goodluck =)

Nemenaky

HSC
This is relevant to my interests. I too have severe ADHD which is linked to my supposed high level of intelligence (according to my psychologist) but still manage to do well in my studies. My HSC isn't until next year but I was wondering what provisions I can apply for next year?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This is relevant to my interests. I too have severe ADHD which is linked to my supposed high level of intelligence (according to my psychologist) but still manage to do well in my studies. My HSC isn't until next year but I was wondering what provisions I can apply for next year?
Extra exam time.
Exam breaks
The like
My friend gets them because she has ADHD and OCD and brain stuff, and it's not really an advantage because she's only just passing and shit, even though she's a pretty lettered girl, the school system just doesn't work for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)